This recipe yields enough dough for six loaves, and the dough needs enough space to double in size while rising. Learn tips on the best way to bake Challah loaves with four strands of dough in this free recipe video clip on bread baking. Appearance: Challah is one of the most beautiful loaves of bread and this recipe creates a fantastic I've made challah bread way more times than I care to admit after learning how to make it in culinary. You can cook Challah/bread loaves use 8 ingredients and 10 step. Here’s how to cook }.
Ingredients make Challah/bread loaves
- You Need 5 lbs high gluten flour.
- You Need 1 cold + 3 hot c water.
- You Need 1 c sugar.
- You Need 1/2 c honey.
- You Need 4 tsp salt.
- You Need 1/2 c oil.
- You Need 4 eggs.
- You Need 3 oz yeast.
One of my favorite breads to bake. I used to work at a Jewish-American style bakery. And everyday, I made loaves and loaves of challah bread. Challah is an enriched Jewish bread that's traditionally braided and served on the Sabbath.
Steps make Challah/bread loaves
- Dissolve yeast in a cup of warm water (which will become your cup of cold water) with a tbsp of sugar note to self: break up yeast for quicker activation.
- Add 3 cups of very hot water top the dough mixer.
- Add oil, eggs, sugar, honey, salt, flour and yeast.
- Mix for 3 minutes.
- Oil your largest bowl sparingly and place dough in. Cover dough with a damp dishcloth and let dough rise for a 1/2 hour..
- After the dough has risen for a 1/2 hr punch it down, flip it over, cover it with the damp towel and let it rise for an additional 45 minutes..
- Make an hafrashas challah (Jewish blessing on bread) and start braiding.
- Once you've braided and placed it in your tin pans let it rise yet again for 45 min (all this rising should make the bread come out nice and fluffy).
- Once 45 min are up or they have risen sufficiently brush some eggwash for a nice golden shine and sprinkle sugar on them for a sweet crunch! bake on 175-380 until a golden-dark brown for 20-30 min or longer. Keep checking on them..
- Bake on 175-180° unitl a golden–dark brown for 30-45 min or longer. Keep checking on 'em!.
Many things about the loaf are symbolic; for example, the braids represent love and unity. This easy challah bread recipe is great with sweet or savory spreads and also makes a mean French toast or wonderful accompaniment to soups and stews. Challah is a traditional Jewish bread, close to a brioche, that is often braided. It is prepared for The word challah is traditionally used to designate the two loaves, braided or not, that form the basis of. Braiding challah bread is just one part of making this Shabbat favorite.