Cucumber Kimchi recipes - In this busy world of ours many individuals find themselves working more hours than they want to. cucumber kimchi Add the daily commute and the odd after work drink onto the each day schedule and you may see why ready meals have turn out to be extremely popular.After a very busy day on the workplace it's so much easier to put a prepared made meal into the microwave or oven than prepare it is to organize a meal utilizing contemporary elements. All that chopping, peeling and what have you, it simply does not appear price it - all you wish to do is relax, watch TV and unwind.
This cucumber kimchi is the easiest kimchi you can try to make this summer. Crisp, crunchy, spicy and refreshingly delicious! Cucumber Kimchi, easy peasy summer kimchee.
You can have Cucumber Kimchi using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Kimchi
- It's 1 English Cucumber.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon Salt.
- It's 1 carrot.
- You need 1 teaspoon garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon ginger grated.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon Sugar.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon Honey.
- Prepare 1 &1/2 Tablespoon Korean Chili powder.
The heat, the humidity, the sweat, nicely preheated car in the parking lot. Quick Cucumber Kimchi. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This quick cucumber kimchi recipe is much more pungent and spicy than its Japanese counterpart (e.g., pickled daikon) and because of that, contains higher levels of nutrients and vitamins. Oi Sobagi (cucumber kimchi) is a delicious kimchi with a refreshing taste and crunchy texture.
Cucumber Kimchi instructions
- Cut off both ends of the cucumber. Divide the cucumber into 4 pieces, then cross-cut each piece. Remove the centre (the seeds) of the cucumber if it is watery and slimy. Then cut the cucumbers into sticks. You should end up with 5-6cm long cucumber sticks..
- Put the cucumber into a large bowl then scatter the salt around on top. Gently mix them so that the salt spreads evenly..
- Put the cucumbers in a strainer to drain excess water. Set it aside for 20 minutes..
- Julienne the carrots. If you have a vegetable slicer, it would be fast and easy..
- Mince the garlic as small as possible..
- Grate the ginger..
- Put the carrots, garlic and the ginger into a food bag..
- Then, put the sugar, fish sauce, honey and the chilli powder into the same food bag..
- Check that the cucumbers are slightly salted (but not too much). If it is too salty, give the cucumbers a quick rinse. If you can’t taste the salt at all, add a bit more salt..
- Put the cucumbers into the same food bag and mix well..
- Leave for 20 minutes or more at room temperature, and then the Oi Kimchi’s ready to eat!.
- Then keep it in the fridge..
Cucumber Kimchi - In Korea, Oi Sobagi is more often enjoyed during the spring and summer time when cucumbers are in. Easy to make and full of healthy, gut-supporting probiotics. If you want a real treat, use this recipe to make stuffed cucumber kimchi (or kimchee). Known as oi sobaegi in Korean, this wildly popular dish is hard to keep on the table or in the fridge. Cucumber Kimchi - Oi Kimchi - Vegan and Gluten Free. Read Also Recipes