My Cucumber Caprese Salad recipes - Having my cucumber caprese salad at home allows you to have extra household time, you can also exhibit to your pals and feel good about inviting them over for dinner, they will be so impressed consuming a meal which tastes like it's been made at a 5 star restaurant. You'll soon find that you will be able to make these great tasting meals anytime. It's amazing how many cooking guides can be found to you which will let you in on so many secrets.
Caprese Salad is terrific served as a side for sharing, as a light meal with crusty bread or piled onto toast with smashed avocado. Caprese Salad is made with fresh mozzarella cheese. This is different to the mozzarella cheese you grate and sprinkle onto things to bake and melt.
You can cook My Cucumber Caprese Salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Cucumber Caprese Salad
- You need 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- It's 1 tbsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp dried basil.
- It's Dash salt.
- You need Dash pepper.
- It's 1 cucumber peeled, seeds scraped with fork, sliced thin & diced.
- You need 8 oz fresh motzerella or 4 motzerella cheese sticks.
- It's 1/2 white onion, diced.
This fresh, crisp caprese salad with cucumbers is my new favorite side for spring and summer. Add an easy balsamic vinaigrette (recipe included) and serve with crusty bread! There's no flavor combination I love in the world more than mozzarella, tomatoes and basil mixed with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette. The cucumber adds a refreshing twist to traditional caprese salad.
My Cucumber Caprese Salad instructions
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside..
- Peel washed cucumber, scrap the seeds with spoon and slice thin and dice. Add to a medium sized bowl..
- Quarter washed cherry tomatoes. Add to the bowl with the cucumbers..
- Thinly slice and dice your white onion (of you do not like onion, feel free to omit from the recipe). Add to bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella into bite sized pieces (or use pearl sized mozzarella balls) or 4 motzerella cheese sticks cut into bite sized pieces (Let's keep it simple.) Add to bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion..
- Pour marinade over vegetables and cheese; mix well..
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving..
My Cucumber Caprese Salad - Perfect on a hot summer day. Everyone enjoyed it and I'll be making it again. Hubby came up with this idea years ago using the bounty that came from our CSA. It is a simple recipe that is easy to put together. Cucumber Caprese Salad Directions: • In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a. ×. Read Also Recipes