Puertorican bistec (beef stew)
” Step Make a Recipe Puertorican bistec (beef stew) need 14 ingredients and 6 Step”
Use any cut of steak when making this easy beef stew. Try this Puerto Rican Beef Stew recipe, or contribute your own. Add beef in batches and brown. You can cook Puertorican bistec (beef stew) use 14 ingredients and 6 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make Puertorican bistec (beef stew)
- You Need 2 lb sirloin steak, sliced.
- You Need 1/4 cup distilled vinegar.
- You Need 1 envelope sazon seasoning.
- You Need 2 tbsp adobo season salt or to taste.
- You Need 1 can 16oz. diced tomatoes, undrained (optional).
- You Need 1/2 cup sofrito.
- You Need 2 1/2 tbsp black pepper.
- You Need 1/2 cup olives with pimento.
- You Need 1 large onion, sliced half moon.
- You Need 1/2 cup cooking wine, white or red ( I use red goya wine).
- You Need 3 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered.
- You Need 3 can 16oz. beef stock.
- You Need 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- You Need 1 tbsp minced garlic.
Using slotted spoon, transfer beef to bowl. For those unfamiliar with Puerto Rican cuisine, we are all about good old fashioned comfort food. Something about my mother's Puerto Rican cooking just warms my soul. Food is family, and carne bif, in particular, reminds me of home.
Steps make Puertorican bistec (beef stew)
- I start peeling cutting potatoes first & place in cold water just to get them out the way..
- Cook steak in olive oil on medium-high heat. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, then add garlic..
- When steak half thoroughly cooked add vinegar and wine. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add rest of ingredients, except tomatoes. They go in last 10 minutes of cooking, if you decide to use. Bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling, lower heat to simmer & cover. Cook for 30-45 minutes until meat tender..
- Serve with red or white rice & beans, & salad..
Mix flour, salt and pepper in freezer bag. Add stew beef and coat evenly. Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet over medium-low heat. Authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine Restaurant Located In Beaverton, Oregon. For a good introduction to Puerto Rican food, visit Boriken Restaurant today!