Seafood Paella recipes - In this busy world of ours many individuals discover themselves working more hours than they want to. seafood paella Add the every day commute and the odd after work drink onto the every day schedule and you can see why ready meals have turn into extremely popular.After a really busy day on the office it's so a lot easier to place a ready made meal into the microwave or oven than put together it's to arrange a meal using contemporary ingredients. All that chopping, peeling and what have you ever, it just doesn't seem worth it - all you need to do is kick back, watch TV and unwind.
You can cook Seafood Paella using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- You need 2 cups Arborio or uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 onion chopped finely.
- It's 3 cloves garlic, grated.
- Prepare 1 packet seafood mix.
- You need 500 g prawns.
- Prepare 500 g black mussels.
- You need 2 tsp smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp crushed chillies.
- It's 1/2 tsp ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp butter.
- It's 3 cups vegetable stock.
- It's 1/2 cup steamed green peas.
- It's 1 pinch saffron threads.
- You need 1 lemon cut into wedges.
- It's 1 tsp sea salt or to taste.
- You need 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
Seafood Paella step by step
- Rinse and devein prawns, then transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Set aside..
- Add vegetable stock to a saucepan and season to your taste with sea salt. Add saffron threads, cover with a lid and allow it to steep while you start the paella..
- In a large deep skillet heat up 3 tbsp of olive oil and add the diced onion with a pinch of salt, some smoked paprika, ground coriander, crushed chillies and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and give it a stir..
- Stir in the rice making sure it coats nicely in the olive oil. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, turn stove to low heat and cook for 20-25 minutes. Once the rice is almost cooked through allow to sit covered for 5 minutes..
- In a different pan heat up butter and garlic and add the prawns and give it a nice toss in the garlic butter, cook for 5-6 minutes and set aside in a bowl..
- In the same pan add the seafood mix. Add a pinch of salt and paprika and cover with a lid and allow to cook for about 10 - 15 minutes once it's cooked through, transfer on top of the paella and mix through with the rice..
- Steam mussels in a pot for 4 - 5 minutes until they open and release the sea water then strain. Transfer them on top of the paella together with the prawns..
- Serve your paella sprinkled with the green peas and garnish lemon wedges and parsley (optional).
Seafood Paella - Read Also Recipes