Seafood Paella recipes - seafood paellaunfold on whole-wheat toast, sounds delicious however super-fattening. That you must understand that being excessive in fat would not necessarily mean that it is fattening. Body fat is about balancing calories. Peanut butter is concentrated calorie source so do not go overboard however use a tablespoon (just 90 energy). It makes so many wholesome eating recipes because it tastes good and is very nutritious. Offering protein, folate and vitamin, peanut butter is great to add to healthy meals recipes.
You can cook Seafood Paella using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- It's 2 cups chicken stock or 1 stock cube with 2 cups of boiling water.
- It's 2 cups dry white wine.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- It's 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- You need 1 onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- It's 2 chorizo sausages, sliced into thin half-moons.
- Prepare 3 cups Italian Arborio rice.
- Prepare 1 tin diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tomatoes, quartered.
- It's 1 cup Edamame beans (or peas).
- Prepare 450 g prawn tails, cleaned (I deep fried the heads for fun).
- You need 400 g half mussels.
- Prepare 400 g calamari steak cut in strips.
- It's 1 cup chopped parsley, for garnish.
- You need 2 lemons quartered, for garnish.
- Prepare 4 chilies chopped, for garnish.
Seafood Paella instructions
- Prep all ingredients before your guests arrive. Assemble them next to the braai until you are ready..
- In a jug, mix together the wine and stock. Add the saffron and salt. Let the flavours marry for as long as possible..
- When the braai is ready, place a big paella pan on the grid. Heat the olive oil in that pan. Add the onion and red pepper and cook it until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and chorizo and cook until fragrant..
- Add the rice. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes until the rice is toasted and coated in the oil, onion and pepper mix..
- Stir in the stock, tomatoes, peas and paprika. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if necessary..
- Spread the rice evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan with foil and simmer the rice without stirring for 15 minutes, or until the rice absorbs most of the liquid. It's important not to stir the rice, even though you may want to. You want to create a crust at the bottom. If it starts to look too dry, add some water/wine, but not too much and DON'T stir..
- Add the seafood, nestle it nicely into the rice. Cover with foil and let the seafood and rice cook. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Remove the foil, check that the liquid is absorbed, that everything is cooked and adjust the seasoning, if necessary..
- Finally, check to see if the elusive 'socarrat' was created. This is the golden brown crust at the bottom of the pan. If you can, wait to see if you can create the crust, if not - better luck next time....
- Sprinkle with parsley and bring the whole pan to the table. Serve with lemons, chilli, more parsley and a lot more wine..
- Thanks simplyrecipes.com for the inspo.
Seafood Paella - Read Also Recipes