Spanish Paella recipes - Having spanish paella at dwelling means that you can have extra family time, you can even show off to your pals and feel good about inviting them over for dinner, they are going to be so impressed consuming a meal which tastes prefer it's been made at a 5 star restaurant. You will soon find that you will be able to make these nice tasting meals anytime. It is superb what number of cooking guides are available to you which can let you in on so many secrets.
Paella, the essence of Spanish cuisine. I grew up eating paella every sunday with my family, and it´s a very special dish, it brings everyone together to the table and always creates beautiful memories. Recipe of the authentic Valencian paella.
You can cook Spanish Paella using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spanish Paella
- You need 8 chicken thighs (small-medium).
- Prepare 2 tsp dry thyme.
- It's 2 tsp paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp ground pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbs olive oil.
- You need 1 lb Spanish chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 1 red onion (large), chopped.
- You need 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1” pieces.
- You need 4 garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 can (16 oz.) crushed tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1/2 tsp coriander powder.
- You need 2 cups Spanish rice, short-medium grain.
- Prepare 1 tsp saffron threads (it’s expensive, but key!).
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (warm).
- It's 16 raw medium shrimp, peeled with tails on.
- Prepare 10 oz. firm fish fillet, sliced into 1” pieces.
- It's 12 mussels or small-medium clams, cleaned.
- Prepare 1 cup sweet peas (frozen), thawed @ room temp.
- You need 1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped.
- You need 2 lemons, (1 for juice, 1 for garnish for the plates).
Amadeo Faus from his restaurant in Gandia shows us the traditional recipe of Valencian paella. Red paella: This colorful paella gets its name from the addition of paprika and red bell peppers, which flavor the rice. Filling but light, this paella leaves ample room for a creamy Spanish dessert. Paella Valenciana - The original paella was born in Valencia.
Spanish Paella step by step
- Plate chicken thighs and sprinkle thyme, paprika, salt, & pepper on both sides and let stand for about 10 minutes..
- Heat the olive oil in a paella pan (or very large fry pan) over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan and brown on both sides for 5 minutes per side. Turn the chicken over again, and add the chorizo sausage..
- Brown both sides of chicken and sausage for 4 minutes per side. When the oil begins to turn a mild reddish color, remove the chicken and sausage to a platter..
- Lower the heat (medium-low) and sauté onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, cook until the mixture thickens a bit and the flavors begin to meld. Season lightly with salt & pepper and coriander..
- Fold in the rice with a spoon, stirring to coat the grains. Sprinkle the saffron threads into the rice. Pour in the chicken stock, simmer for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan around the heat so that the rice cooks evenly and starts to absorb the liquids. [Do not cover or stir].
- Add the shrimp and fish evenly around the pan. Next add the chicken and the sausage (sliced 1/2”). Gently fold all of the pan pieces together with a large spoon, turning the mixture over a 3-4 times..
- Place the mussels (or clams) evenly around the pan. Let this simmer without stirring, until the rice is al dente, about 15 minutes..
- Scatter the thawed peas on top, continue to cook for 5 minutes. Cover the pan (with a round pizza pan) until the paella looks fluffy and moist and the mussels have opened..
- Uncover the pan and drizzle squeezed lemon juice over the paella. Remove any un-opened mussels (or clams). Take the pan off of the heat and allow it to rest for a few minutes and garnish the top with chopped parsley..
- Bring the pan to the table served warm using a large spoon to serve. Use lemon wedges on the plates for a garnish. Serve with home-made Sangria (yes!) or your favorite beverage..
Spanish Paella - Some may say that is the original and more flavorsome way of cooking a Spanish paella. The Valencia region of Spain is the birthplace of paella where the traditional 'paella valenciana' is Your purist Spanish chef will cook the dish from start to finish in a paella dish. Paella is a rice dish from Spain and may contain chicken, pork, shellfish, fish, eel, squid, beans, peas Paella is currently an internationally-known rice dish from Spain. It originated in the fields of a. The Spanish paella recipe is the most typical Tapas dish! Read Also Recipes