Paella! recipes - paella! is a misunderstood food and there are some others like -Eggs are thought-about full of cholesterol and egg yolks particularly must in no way be consumed. Whereas Medical consultants say that Saturated fat along with Trans fat elevate more blood cholesterol as in comparison with dietary ldl cholesterol. Eggs are quite satisfying; Egg yolks have lutein in addition to zeaxanthin that scale back threat of 'Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)' that results in blindness after 50 years of age.
This classic Spanish rice dish usually contains seafood, but we also have meat, veggie and mixed versions. Heat olive oil in paella pan over medium heat. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
You can cook Paella! using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paella!
- Prepare 250 grams Paella rice - dry weight.
- You need 2 Boneless chicken thighs.
- You need 400 grams Fresh live mussels.
- Prepare 1 small chorizo sausage.
- You need 2 clove Garlic.
- It's 1 Handful garden peas.
- Prepare 1 Yellow or red pepper.
- It's 3 Shallots.
- It's 1 Glass red wine.
- Prepare 1 pinch Saffron.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Dried mixed herbs.
- It's 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 small tin tomato puree.
- You need 750 ml Chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 Lemon wedges.
Spain's most famous food export, paella, has reached the four corners of the globe, but sadly bears little resemblance to its original form. The original paella would never have included a combination of meat and seafood, let alone peas, red capsicum or chorizo. Paella is prepared by simmering chicken or seafood with rice, vegetables, saffron and other seasonings. Maestre says he has made it his mission to see the Spanish dish a staple in kitchens around his adopted country.
Paella! step by step
- Add the rice, tomato purée, chicken stock, mixed herbs, saffron and paprika to a large saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, stir, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 min or untill the rice has absorbed the liquid, stirring occasionally and tasting. When rice is at the desired consistancy, turn off the heat and rest..
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken, chop the garlic and chorizo and add to a paella pan (or wok), fry for a few minutes. Slice the shallots and pepper and add to the pan with the peas, cook for a further 5 minutes, adding a bit of the wine if it becomes dry..
- Add the remaining wine, with the mussels in their shells and cook on high for approx 10 minutes or untill the mussel shells have opened and the chicken is cooked through. Discard any closed mussels..
- When the rice is done and rested for at least 5 minutes, add it to the paella pan and stir through. Serve immediately with the lemon wedge and a glass of wine!.
Paella! - While those with Spanish ancestry will have different versions of the dish, here's how to master his version. Nourishing, vibrant, and served without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries. If mussels aren't your favorite, you can easily substitute littleneck clams in their place--just be sure to thoroughly scrub the clams' shells in cold water before using. Quarter each piece of chicken, then season with sea salt and black pepper and dust with flour. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs. Read Also Recipes