French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipes - On this busy world of ours many people discover themselves working extra hours than they want to. french traditional recipe onion soup Add the daily commute and the odd after work drink onto the daily schedule and you may see why ready meals have develop into very fashionable.After a very busy day on the workplace it is so a lot easier to place a ready made meal into the microwave or oven than prepare it's to arrange a meal utilizing recent substances. All that chopping, peeling and what have you, it simply does not seem worth it - all you want to do is relax, watch TV and unwind.
Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. The onions should be really golden, full of flavour and soft when pinched between your fingers.
You can have French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup
- It's 6 large and sweet onions.
- Prepare 30 ml (1 oz) extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- It's 60 g (2 oz) butter.
- You need 1 clove garlic.
- You need 2 (70 oz.) Liters of meat broth.
- It's 12 slices baguette bread.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon sugar.
- It's Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- You need 30 ml (1 oz) brandy or cognac.
- Prepare 120 g (4 oz) soft grated cheese (Gruyère type).
Take care towards the end to ensure that they don't burn. French Onion Soup made from scratch with caramelised onions and topped with the essential cheesy toast. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world. And yet, the soup itself is made with very few core ingredients: butter, onions, flour and stock/broth.
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup step by step
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet.
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl..
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup..
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic.
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup..
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol..
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl.
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights.
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup - A French Onion Soup recipe we heard you say!? No problem, French Guy Cooking to the rescue. Sweet onions, melted cheese and finished with a gnarly top, this. This french onion soup recipe is made with perfectly caramelized onions, fresh thyme sprigs, crusty baguette slices and two It's just your classic, traditional French onion soup. With the most perfect caramelized onions in a cozy stock with fresh thyme sprigs, finished off with crusty French baguette. Read Also Recipes