French Onion & Beef Soup recipes - When you have been to purchase french onion & beef soup an e-book you may print recipes as you need them. It can be very efficient this fashion as you will have an easy to observe recipe in front of you and also you wont have to worry about spilling meals on them or losing them as you'll be able to print an additional copy for each time you need to.
With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world. And yet, the soup itself is made with very few core ingredients: butter, onions, flour and stock/broth.
You can have French Onion & Beef Soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Onion & Beef Soup
- You need 1 Large (2 lb.) London Broil.
- You need 3 Yellow Onions.
- Prepare 3 Sweet Onions.
- Prepare 2 Red Onions.
- You need 2 Shallots.
- Prepare 4 oz. Sliced Mushrooms.
- You need 64 oz. Beef Stock.
- It's 1/2 Cup Marsala Cooking Wine.
- You need 1 Tbsp Garlic minced.
- You need 4-5 Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp Butter.
- Prepare Olive Oil.
- Prepare Gruyere Cheese (or Aged Swiss).
- It's Parmesan Cheese.
- It's 1 Baguette.
French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. Did you really think basic soup was going to cut it for us? French Onion Soup is made with caramelized onions, beef broth, white wine, bay leaves and thyme, thus French + Onion + Soup! It is unclear when the cheesy bread crouton was added but it has.
French Onion & Beef Soup instructions
- Slow cook (Crockpot) London Broil in 64 oz. Beef Stock until fall apart tender. Pull beef in broth..
- Sauté Onions in butter and generous amount of Olive Oil and Marsala Wine until browned, soft and translucent. 45-60 minutes. Add Garlic & Mushrooms and stir. Add Bay Leaves and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Remove Bay Leaves. Add Beef and broth. Stir well to mix onion mixture, beef and broth..
- Fill ceramic Crocks with soup. Place toasted cuts of baguette over soup, top with generous portions of gruyere and finish with sprinkles of Parmesan. Toast under broiler until cheese is bubbling and golden..
French Onion & Beef Soup - Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. Classic French onion soup, similar to one you can get in a restaurant. Made with wine and sherry to bring out the beef flavor of the broth. Two different cheeses top it off to give it that bubbly, browned. Read Also Recipes