French Onion Soup recipes - french onion soupunfold on whole-wheat toast, sounds scrumptious however super-fattening. It's essential understand that being excessive in fats would not essentially imply that it's fattening. Body fat is about balancing energy. Peanut butter is concentrated calorie supply so don't go overboard but use a tablespoon (just 90 energy). It makes so many healthy eating recipes as it tastes good and is very nutritious. Providing protein, folate and vitamin, peanut butter is excellent to add to healthy meals recipes.
Sweet onions, melted cheese and finished with a gnarly top. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world. And yet, the soup itself is made with very few core ingredients: butter, onions, flour and stock/broth.
You can have French Onion Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup
- Prepare 8 x Large white onions (Spanish).
- Prepare 4 x cloves garlic.
- It's 4 sprigs thyme.
- Prepare 1 x tablespoon Olive oil.
- It's 50 g x Butter.
- You need 50 ml x Brandy.
- You need 200 ml x white wine.
- It's 1.5 L x chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 x baguette.
- Prepare 200 g x grated gruyere cheese.
- Prepare salt and pepper.
French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. But only a handful of frugal ingredients make up this restaurant favorite. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe.
French Onion Soup step by step
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them..
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water..
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted..
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s.
French Onion Soup - Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. This easy yet classic french onion soup recipe is the perfect comfort food for those colder months. If you're a fan of French onion soup and have made it at home before, you'll probably notice two things. French onion soup is a hearty dish made with the comforting flavors of onions, beef stock, bread and cheese. Read Also Recipes