Mike's French Onion Soup recipes - If you happen to had been to buy mike's french onion soup an e-book you could print recipes as you want them. It can be very environment friendly this fashion as you should have a simple to observe recipe in entrance of you and also you wont have to worry about spilling food on them or shedding them as you possibly can print an additional copy for every time it's a must to.
Is there anything more comforting on a chilly day than a hot bowl of French onion soup? French Onion Soup is essentially caramelised onion in soup form topped with cheesy bread. Caramelising onions calls for patience, but it's worth it.
You can have Mike's French Onion Soup using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's French Onion Soup
- It's 2 EX LG Vidalia Onions [no substitutions].
- It's 2 Coves Garlic [smashed & fine chopped].
- You need 1/3 Cup Green Onions [small chop].
- It's 1/2 Stick Unsalted Butter.
- It's 1 LG Bay Leaf.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme.
- You need Cracked Black Pepper [to taste].
- It's 32 oz Box Beef Broth [low sodium].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine [chardonnay].
- It's 1 LG Baguette Bread.
- It's Garlic Butter [as needed - for bread].
- It's 1 Gruyère Cheese [4 slices or 1 brick - you can substitute Swiss if in a pinch].
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp AP Flour.
- You need Fresh Parsley [for garnish].
- You need 1/2-3/4 Packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- You need 2 LG Oven Safe Ramikins.
You'll be rewarded with deeply golden, intensely sweet onions that forms an incredible flavour base for this French Onion. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with. French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. But only a handful of frugal ingredients make up this restaurant favorite.
Mike's French Onion Soup instructions
- Add butter to a large pot. Slice onions thin and place in pot. Also, add your green onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper and bay leaf. Simmer onions for 25+ minutes until onions are limp and translucent. Stir regularly..
- Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes longer to burn off alcohol. Pull bay leaf..
- Dust onion mixture with your flour and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to cook out any flavor of flour. Stir constantly. Add minimal amounts of butter to pot if your flour begins to seize up and is too difficult to stir. Or, if you feel it's in danger of burning..
- Add your broth and 1/2 to 3/4 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. I use 2/3's packet for the additional sodium & onion flavors. It really does balance the sweetness of the Vidalia Onions quite well. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir occasionally..
- Here's your desired outcome..
- Slice your Baguette Bread into 4 pieces. Cut more if you'd like to serve additional slices for dipping. Coat slices with garlic butter. Place in a 350° preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes - or, until baguettes are browned and crispy..
- Ladle your hot soup into your Ramikins. Place Ramikins on a lifted edge cookie sheet. These can easily overflow. In fact, it's desired that they do! Just not today in my new oven..
- Place 2 toasted garlic Crustinis in each of your your Ramikins..
- Slice your Gruyère Cheese and place on top of your toasted Crustinis..
- Turn on your ovens broiler..
- Place Ramikins in oven for 5 minutes. Or, until your cheese is fully melted and browned..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes. Then serve. Enjoy!.
Mike's French Onion Soup - Onions, broth, salt, and butter mingle in a slow magic that transforms them into a wildly luxurious bowl of silky onions and dark broth. Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. Our Slow Cooker Fresh Onion Soup is the reason that slow cookers were invented! Well, maybe not, but it's a no-fuss, hearty soup topped with French bread and creamy cheese. Read Also Recipes