Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipes - vickys french/scottish onion soup, gf df ef sf nf is a misunderstood food and there are some others like -Eggs are considered full of ldl cholesterol and egg yolks particularly must in no way be consumed. Whereas Medical specialists say that Saturated fat along with Trans fats elevate more blood ldl cholesterol as in comparison with dietary cholesterol. Eggs are fairly satisfying; Egg yolks have lutein in addition to zeaxanthin that scale back risk of 'Age-Associated Macular Degeneration (AMD)' that results in blindness after 50 years of age.
No problem, French Guy Cooking to the rescue. Sweet onions, melted cheese and finished with a gnarly top, this. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way.
You can cook Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 40 grams (3 tbsp) sunflower spread or butter.
- You need 1 tbsp pure olive oil.
- It's 680 grams red onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tsp salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp sugar to help caramelise the onions.
- You need 40 grams (3 tbsp) gluten-free / plain flour.
- It's 1 clove very finely chopped garlic.
- It's 1 dash Vickys Soy-Free Soy Sauce or Worcestershire Sauce, recipes both linked below.
- It's 110 ml red wine.
- Prepare 1900 ml beef or mushroom stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp brandy (optional).
- Prepare 1 ground black pepper & extra salt to taste.
- It's 1 pinch thyme leaves.
- It's Topping.
- Prepare 1 french baguette, cut into rounds then thickly cubed, a gluten-free recipe from my profile is below.
- You need 1 tsp melted sunflower spread or butter.
- Prepare as much grated cheese as you prefer to make the soup 'lid', gruyere & parmesan are the traditional choices. *I use a mixture of my own homemade coconut cheddar and Veganic brand mozzarella.
I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe, but here I suggest you stick with the recipe as is. Just four days prior we sat together in. French onion soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. For years, I haven't been able to find a good vegetarian version of it, because it's traditionally made with beef broth.
Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Melt the butter & oil together over a medium low heat in a large stock pot. Add the onions and turn the heat to low. Give them a stir to coat in the oil then put the lid on and find something else to do for 15 minutes, don't disturb the onions.
- After the 15 minutes are up, uncover the pot, add the sugar & salt and cook the onions for at least 45 minutes, stirring frequently until they are lovely and caramelized. Don't skimp on the cooking time here. This is what builds the intense flavour base, just like a gumbo roux.
- After the onions have fully caramelized, add the garlic & flour and cook while stirring a further 3 minutes. Add the red wine and stir well scraping the bottom of the pan. Add the soy sauce/worcestershire & stock, a quarter amount at a time and stirring after each addition. Add a little pepper to taste but go easy on the salt. The cheese will add some saltiness itself and you don't want to overdo it. Turn up the heat and let simmer partially covered for 30-40 minutes, skimming if needed. Add in the thyme https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332952-vickys-soy-sauce-substitute https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 165C / 325°F and spread the bread cubes on a lined baking tray. Toast, keeping your eye on them until they're golden all over then drizzle them with the melted spread / butter https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368330-vickys-french-baguettes-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Put 6 soup bowls onto a foil-lined baking tray. Bring the soup back to the boil then add the brandy. Ladle the soup into the serving bowls, stir into each a tbsp of the cheese then top each with enough croutons to cover the soup. Top this with as much cheese as you like. Bake for 20 minutes then finish off under the grill to brown the top of the cheese. Serve immediately https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346731-vickys-coconut-cream-cheese https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335730-vickys-coconut-milk-cheddar-cheese https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339693-vickys-velveeta-cheese-with-vegan-options.
- This is a kind of french/scottish onion soup fusion. Scottish style includes a leek, the garlic, worcestershire sauce and thyme where french does not. Also the bread is cubed where french style is to leave it in thick slices.
Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF - This French onion soup recipe would be an elegant starter for a holiday dinner, but you could also enjoy it as a meal on its own. Ready to Serve Healthy oats soup. Want to know what to do with chickpeas? A tin of chickpeas can go a long way - add to Moroccan soups and tray bakes or put at the centre in our If you don't have a can or two lurking in a cabinet somewhere, add it to your grocery list immediately. You can have Vickys Chickpea & Mango Salad w. Read Also Recipes