Tuna fish Cakes recipes - tuna fish cakes is a misunderstood meals and there are some others like -Eggs are thought of filled with ldl cholesterol and egg yolks especially should by no means be consumed. Whereas Medical consultants say that Saturated fats together with Trans fat raise more blood cholesterol as compared to dietary ldl cholesterol. Eggs are quite satisfying; Egg yolks have lutein as well as zeaxanthin that reduce threat of 'Age-Associated Macular Degeneration (AMD)' that results in blindness after 50 years of age.
Serve with a crispy salad, rice or vegetables for a tasty and filling dinner. Place tuna in a mesh strainer, run a little water over it then press firmly with the back of a spoon to get the liquid out. When the tuna is squeezed dry, the seasonings stick better to it and doesn't have too much of a fishy taste.
You can cook Tuna fish Cakes using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna fish Cakes
- Prepare 1 large potato, peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 cans tuna, drained.
- You need 1 egg.
- It's 1/4 cup chopped onions.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Prepare to taste Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs.
- You need Vegetable oil to fry.
This is a lovely recipe for the whole family to enjoy; my boys just love them and I often have to make a double batch. Tuna patties are a great budget dinner option that the whole family can enjoy. Crispy, crunchy tuna cakes made with albacore tuna are perfectly easy and made with just four ingredients! This recipe is great for appetizers or dinner.
Tuna fish Cakes step by step
- Place the potato in a pot with water, add salt to the water. Let it heat for about 20 mins. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two then mash the potato with a potato masher or a fork in a bowl.
- In the mashed potato bowl combine the tuna, egg, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, garlic powder and the chopped onions until well-blended.
- Divide the mixture into preferred sizes flatten to about 1/2 inch thick. Coat the patties with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan fry the tuna patties until browned and crisp, about 3-4 minutes each side. Serve with your preferred sauce. Enjoy!.
Tuna fish Cakes - Cut the tuna into pieces and put into a food processor and blitz till it is well minced but not completely smooth. Then in a bowl, add the parsley, tuna, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, egg, salt and pepper and crumbs to the potato and mix well. Tuna cakes are a great way to make a quick snack, light dinner or sides dish. Packed with lots of flavor from onions, garlic, parmesan, and mustard. Fish Kebabs / Fish Kebab Burgers. Read Also Recipes