Spicy Tuna Fish Cutlet recipes - Having spicy tuna fish cutlet at home permits you to have extra household time, you too can show off to your folks and feel good about inviting them over for dinner, they will be so impressed eating a meal which tastes like it's been made at a 5 star restaurant. You will quickly find that you will be able to make these nice tasting meals anytime. It's amazing what number of cooking guides can be found to you which can let you in on so many secrets.
They all came out sooo well…Thanks a lot and keep up the good work Cutlets are nothing but croquettes made of meat/chicken/fish/veggies. They are usually deep fried, but I prefer to shallow fry depending on the thickness. Its a lovely appetizer, crunchy and spicy and finger licking good.
You can cook Spicy Tuna Fish Cutlet using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Tuna Fish Cutlet
- Prepare 1 Canned Tuna Fish.
- It's 2 tbsp Oil.
- It's 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds.
- It's 2 Onions (Chopped).
- It's 3-4 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped).
- It's 1 Sprig Curry Leaves (Finely Chopped).
- It's 1 inch Ginger (Crushed).
- You need 2 Potatoes (Steamed and Mashed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped).
- You need 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp Fennel Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp White Pepper Powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Paprika Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- It's to taste Pink Salt (As required).
- It's as needed Oil to Shallow fry.
- You need 1 Egg beaten with 1 tbsp water.
- You need 1/2 cup Semolina/Breadcrumbs.
The Tuna Fish Cutlet is unique and special with cooked tuna blended with potatoes and other spicy ingredients and deep fried. Fish especially Tuna is nutritious rich in vital nutrients required for body. This is one of the easiest dishes that can be prepared with limited ingredients. These spicy fish cutlets are one of the most popular comfort foods in Sri Lanka.
Spicy Tuna Fish Cutlet step by step
- Drain the oil from the can and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a cooking pan. Add fennel seeds and fry until spluttering..
- Add onions, green chillies, curry leaves and crushed ginger and stir fry until they turn into golden brown..
- Add tuna. Mash it by using a wooden spatula and fry for a minute..
- Add red kashmiri paprika powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder, white and black pepper powder, cumin powder and pink salt. Stir fry until tuna turns into golden brown..
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool down for few minutes..
- In a wide bowl, combine together, mashed potatoes and cooked tuna. Mix well until incorporated. Mix in chopped coriander leaves..
- Divide the mixture into equal parts..
- Shape each part into a ball and flatten it..
- Take beaten egg in a small bowl and place the breadcrumbs in another small plate..
- Dip each pattie in egg mixture and then roll in breadcrumbs/semolina until well coated. Do the same process for the remaining ones..
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place the patties and fry until they turn golden brown..
- Flip and fry on the other side also..
- Transfer them on a plate over kitchen tissue..
- Crispy Tuna Cutlets are ready to serve..
Spicy Tuna Fish Cutlet - This timbit -size snack can be found just about anywhere on the island. At the local street corners, food stalls, by the side roads, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and even when visiting someone's house. They will serve a plate full of it to enjoy. Allow the fish to come to room temperature. Tuna Fish Cutlets is delicious and perfect starter to any meal, can be served with ketchup or any spicy dip or chutney. Read Also Recipes