Italian stuffed chicken breast recipes - Preparing italian stuffed chicken breast these prime secret recipes at house provides you more freedom together with your food, you can alter certain recipes to suit your personal requirements.e.g. in case you are on a weight loss plan you might want to use low-fat butter, or in case you are watching your cholesterol consumption chances are you'll wish to add less salt, the possibilities are infinite. Why not use the knowledge you possibly can obtain and give you a few of your own secret recipes.
Cut a slit along the side of each chicken breast, then use your knife to open it out into a pocket. In the thickest part of each chicken breast, cut a small slit. Divide the stuffing equally amongst each breast and push the vegetables into the cavity.
You can cook Italian stuffed chicken breast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed chicken breast
- Prepare 1 c shredded Italian cheese.
- You need 1 clove garlic, minced.
- It's 1 tsp dried basil.
- It's 1 tsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup Italian style bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It's 1 egg, beaten.
- You need 2 cups marinara sauce.
- Prepare About 10 stalks kale.
- It's 1/4 small onion, chopped.
- You need to taste Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste Salt & pepper.
Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each breast and secure with a wooden skewer, closing up the slit. (Tip: if the skewer is too long just break off the excess amount.)In a. Place the bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Place the chicken between two pieces of wax paper and pound the chicken to flatten a little. Add this to the bag of crumbs and shake to coat.
Italian stuffed chicken breast step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Remove kale from stems and chop into small pieces. Cook kale & onion in the olive oil until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste. Let cool..
- Mix 3/4 cup of Italian cheese, basil, oregano and kale in a small bowl. Add bread crumbs to a plate. Add egg to another plate and stir in a tiny bit of water..
- Cut one side of chicken breast horizontally to within one half inch of other side. Spread the two sides open like a book. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with kale/cheese mixture and close like a book over filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg. Press both sides of each chicken breast into bread crumbs so outside is completely coated. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish..
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 45 mins..
- Remove chicken from oven and pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes..
- All done! Serve with pasta and garlic bread..
Italian stuffed chicken breast - In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the chicken in the oil. Place the butterflied chicken breasts in the bottom of the dish and season with salt, paper, and Italian seasoning. You can purchase Italian seasoning in the spice section of your grocery, or you can use a mix of dried basil, rosemary, oregano, and thyme. Next, add a couple slices of fresh mozzarella on one side of each breast. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Read Also Recipes