Golden Rasmalai recipes - Preparing golden rasmalai these top secret recipes at home offers you extra freedom with your food, you may alter sure recipes to fit your personal requirements.e.g. if you're on a food regimen you may want to use low-fat butter, or if you are watching your cholesterol consumption you might want to add less salt, the probabilities are endless. Why not use the information you'll be able to obtain and come up with a few of your individual secret recipes.
You can cook Golden Rasmalai using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Golden Rasmalai
- Prepare 1 litre milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice.
- You need 1 pinch saffron strands.
- Prepare 1 cup sugar.
- You need 1 tsp corn flour.
- You need 4 cup water.
- Prepare 3 green cardamom pods.
- It's 2 tsp small chopped almonds.
- It's 2 tsp small chopped cashews nuts.
Golden Rasmalai step by step
- For rasmalai balls - Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan.Once it comes to a boil, switch off the flame and add 1/2 cup of water to bring the temperature of the milk down a bit.Wait for 5-10 minutes and then start adding lemon juice till milk curdles..
- Add lemon juice till the milk curdles completely.Using a strainer drain the water and collect the chena.Rinse it under tap water so that there's no trace of lemon juice in it..
- Leave it in the strainer for 10-15 minutes and then take the chena in your hand and squeeze out remaining water slowly.Add cornflour and start mashing the chena till it’s smooth..
- Set the clock to 10 minutes and mash constantly for 10 minutes using your palm. Once it’s smooth, make small balls out of it.Heat 1 cup sugar and 4 cups water in a wide pan and wait till it comes to a full boil..
- Drop the balls in boiling sugar syrup and cook for 15-17 minutes. The balls will double in size by then.Take out the balls from the syrup and drop them in fresh water. If they sink to the bottom, the balls are done..
- For rasmalai syrup - In a heavy bottom pan, boil 500 ml of milk.Soak few strands of saffron in a tablespoon of warm milk and set aside.Once the milk comes to a boil, lower the flame and continue to stir the milk at regular intervals. After 10 minutes add sugar and mix..
- After 20-25 minutes the milk will thicken to desired consistency, add soaked saffron and crushed cardamom.Also add finely chopped almonds, cashews nuts [if using]. Mix and switch off the flame.Take out the cooled rasmalai balls from the sugar syrup, squeeze and flatten with your hands..
- Transfer the balls to thickened milk [milk should be warm].Chill in the refrigerator overnight or for 5-6 hours. Garnish with chopped almonds and few saffron strands before serving..
Golden Rasmalai - Read Also Recipes