It is such an easy dish to make and The coconut milk adds texture and flavor to this dish resulting in a creamier and tastier chicken adobo. Angela Dimayuga is the creative director for food and culture at the Standard hotels and a former Mission Chinese Food chef. Chicken adobo can even be made with skinless chicken breasts, though I would skip The coconut adobo sauce in this recipe comes together effortlessly. You can make Coconut chicken adobo use 8 ingredients and 5 step. Here’s how to}.
Ingredients make Coconut chicken adobo
- You Need 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
- You Need 3/4 cup rice vinegar.
- You Need 1/3 cup soy sauce.
- You Need 1 tbsp Maggi.
- You Need 8 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You Need 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns.
- You Need 4 bay leaves.
- You Need 1-14 oz can coconut milk.
After removing the chicken from the cooking. Bay leaves, chicken, cococut cream, coconut cream, coconut milk, fish sauce, garlic, green chili pepper, green chillies, ground white pepper, salt, vegetable oil, vinegar. But it wasn't until I went to Purple Yam, a Filipino restaurant in Brooklyn, a couple of months ago that I tried coconut chicken adobo. How to Make Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk.
how to make Coconut chicken adobo
- Trim any excess fat and skin from the chicken thighs and put them in a large mixing bowl. Combine all the other ingredients except for the coconut milk and pour onto the chicken. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour..
- Pour the chicken and marinade into a large pan on medium heat. Add a cup of water and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 30 minutes..
- Remove the chicken and pat the thighs dry. Strain the sauce through a sieve, saving the garlic. Skim as much oil as you can from the surface of the sauce..
- Put the sauce back in the pan and turn the heat up to high. Let simmer until only about a cup of sauce remains. Stir the coconut milk into the pan and turn the heat back down to medium. Let cook for 5 minutes, then turn the heat down to low to keep the sauce warm while you finish the chicken..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and sear until crisped. Eat with freshly steamed rice, with a generous dressing of sauce..
Remove chicken from soy sauce, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Chicken adobo (Yasmin Newman)Source: Yasmin Newman. In a large non-reactive bowl, combine the vinegar, coconut milk, soy sauce, garlic, turmeric, bay leaves, chillies and pepper. Filipino Chicken Adobo with Coconut Broth. Chicken Adobo in Coconut Milk from Food.com: This is another recipe from "The Philippine Cookbook".