You can make Lime Chicken Adobo use 8 ingredients and 5 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make Lime Chicken Adobo
- You Need 1/4 cup fresh lime juice.
- You Need 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar.
- You Need 1/2 cup soy sauce.
- You Need 12 cloves garlic, smashed.
- You Need 2 bay leaves.
- You Need 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns.
- You Need 8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- You Need 3 tbsp honey.
how to make Lime Chicken Adobo
- Trim any loose skin and as much fat as you can from the chicken thighs. Otherwise, the sauce will be a pool of grease..
- Put all the ingredients except for the honey into a baking dish. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Drain the chicken and put it in the pan skin-side down. Let fry for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and let fry 5 minutes on the other side..
- Add the marinade to the pan along with enough water so the liquid comes about halfway up the chicken. Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the chicken..
- Stir the honey into the sauce and let reduce until there's only about 1 cup left. Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat. Plate the chicken. Strain the sauce and serve it on the side with some freshly steamed rice..