Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork recipes - Having dr pepper smokey pulled pork at residence permits you to have more household time, you can also show off to your mates and be ok with inviting them over for dinner, they will be so impressed eating a meal which tastes like it's been made at a 5 star restaurant. You will soon discover that you will be able to make these nice tasting meals anytime. It is wonderful what number of cooking guides are available to you which is able to allow you to in on so many secrets and techniques.
The good part about this Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork is that you can also cook. Pepper pulled pork recipe is simple and delicious. We love the convenience of making this in the Instant Pot.
You can cook Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork
- Prepare Dry rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp sea salt.
- You need 1 tbsp ground cumin.
- It's 1 tbsp ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp dry mustard (English).
- It's 2 tsp thyme.
- It's 4 tbsp soft dark brown sugar.
- It's for the pork.
- You need 2 1/2 kg pork, boned shoulder, skin removed.
- It's 1 onion, peeled.
- You need 500 ml Dr Pepper.
It cooks up so fast and the pork comes out moist and full of flavor. A simple and tasty pulled pork recipe made with pork tenderloin, BBQ sauce, and Dr Pepper®. Pepper Pulled Pork is sweet and spicy with brown sugar, maraschino cherries and candied jalapenos. Perfect for dinners or in This Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe is a fun twist on your favorite summertime comfort food.
Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork instructions
- Place all rub ingredients in a bowl or screw topped jar, mix well..
- Put pork on large plate, rub in half of spice mix, ensure even coat rubbing into any cavities. Wrap tightly in cling film, place in fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is better!.
- Preheat oven to 150C /130C fan oven..
- Slice onion into thin wedges and place in bottom of a casserole with a tight fitting lid..
- Rub pork with remaining spice mix, place pork on top of onions, pour in Dr Pepper, put on lid..
- Place in oven and cook for 5 hours, turning after 2 & 4 hours..
- Remove pork from pan and check if cooked and shreds easily, if not return to oven for further hour..
- Allow pork to rest,covered in foil, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile skim fat from cooking liquor, at this point you can remove onion if not using later. Put liquor in a pan, boil and reduce by half..
- Shred the pork with two forks, removing any fat and gristle..
- Return pork to pan, add cooking liquor (& onions if using) and heat through..
- If you don't have smoked paprika, use paprika and add 1 -2 teaspoons liquid smoke at step 5, (adjust amount to your own taste).
- Serve in warm rolls or wraps with coleslaw and / or salad. You can add your favourite barbecue sauce, but this recipe is moist and spicy enough.
- You can cook this recipe in a slow cooker(crockpot) on low for 6 -8 hours or high for 3-4. then follow steps 7 to 13..
- You can substitute your favourite Cola drink in place of Dr Pepper..
Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork - We'll show you how to make it at home. BBQ Pulled Pork Pineapple & Banana Pepper Pizza. Pour in canned chipotle chiles, brown sugar and Dr. I'm planning to do some pulled pork over this weekend, and I've been looking for recipes, and I'm very surprised the "standard" one uses Dr Pepper (or Coke). I'm not really used to cook with that and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Read Also Recipes