Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipes - This is an comprehensible approach to consuming a night homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas, particularly in the event you live alone or together with your accomplice. I suppose most individuals balance their eating habits between ready meals and cooking kind scratch, but what in case you begin to eat too many prepared meals? Is that going to be helpful on your long run health?The main reasons people tend to eat ready meals is to save cash and to save time, however what if these things could be achieved and, in case you are a non cook dinner, you can be taught a new skill at the time identical? Would that make you are feeling more like preparing your individual meals?
You can have Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas
- You need For The Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare 4 cups all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsps baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsps shortening.
- It's 2 tsps salt.
- It's Warm water or milk for kneading.
- Prepare For The Meat Fajitas.
- Prepare 2 Red bell peppers (sliced).
- You need 2 green bell peppers (sliced).
- It's 2 yellow bell peppers (sliced).
- You need 2 large onions (sliced).
- Prepare 2 red chillies (chopped).
- You need cilantro or coriander leaves (chopped).
- Prepare Any sauce (hot sauce, guacamole, salad, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes etc).
- Prepare Spices (Spice to your own taste).
Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas instructions
- Mix ingredients together, add the warm water or milk and make a soft dough..
- Knead it well..
- Let it rest covered for about 20 minutes, then divide the dough into 16 equal portions..
- Roll each one out as thin as you can..
- Once all are rolled out, heat a nonstick pan and place the tortillas one at a time, cooking each briefly for a few seconds on medium-high heat then turning it to cook the other side until bubbly and slightly golden..
- Don't overcook them as you need them to be soft and pliable, not crisp or hard..
- Keep the ready ones covered in a hotpot or under a towel to keep them soft..
- Serve fresh by rolling some filling in them and serving as fajitas or in whichever way you like..
- Grill the beef strips on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side or until slightly charred.
- Once beef strips are done, remove and set aside..
- Keep the meat covered to retain moisture..
- Add the oil in a sauce pan..
- Saute the onions until tender..
- Add the bell pepper strips.
- Sprinkle spices and the chopped red chili..
- Stir-fry over high heat until the bell peppers are tender and start to charr slightly around the edges..
- You can then return the beef strips into the pan and mix them with the peppers, heat everything through until sizzling hot, or serve the two separately..
- Turn off the heat and serve..
- To assemble, lay a warmed tortilla wrap, apply some sauce/salad followed by the filling..
- Roll and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas - Read Also Recipes