Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn recipes - The reality is it's doable to prepare slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn made from recent components very quickly. Salad is a main instance. All you want is some contemporary elements, a chopping knife and the meal is ready in 5 minutes. There are many salad dressings around which may enhance a boring plate of greens if the considered all that inexperienced stuff does would not do much for you.Another quick meal is stir fry. It is possible to buy contemporary stir fry mixes from most stores. Stir fry can go from packet to plate to abdomen in 15 minutes.
You can cook Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn
- It's 4 red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers.
- You need 1 cup chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup cooked quinoa.
- You need 15 oz can black beans, rinsed.
- You need 1 roma tomato, seeded & diced.
- You need 1 cup corn (frozen or freshly cut from the cob).
- You need 4 oz can diced green chiles (with liquid).
- Prepare 2 tbsp minced dry or fresh cilantro.
- You need 1/2 tsp cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Monterrey Jack).
- Prepare 1 cup salsa.
- It's 28 oz can or homemade enchilada sauce.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn step by step
- Trim a 1/2 inch from the top of each pepper. Discard the seeds and core. Remove the stem from the pepper tops and then finely chop the pepper tops. Add the chopped pepper tops, onion, and olive oil to a small saute pan and cook over medium heat until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the minced garlic the last minute of cooking and cook until fragrant..
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese, black beans, quinoa, corn, salsa, half of the cilanto, and spices. Stir well to combine. Pack the filling evenly into each bell pepper. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- Pour enchilada sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and place each pepper standing up in the bottom. Cover and cook until the peppers are tender, 3 to 4 hours on low depending on how crisp you like your peppers..
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over the peppers, put the lid back on and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the slow cooker and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with enchilada sauce from the pan and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro and extra cheese if desired..
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn - Read Also Recipes