Almond Sweet Roll recipes - Making ready almond sweet roll these top secret recipes at residence gives you more freedom together with your food, you can alter sure recipes to fit your personal necessities.e.g. if you are on a diet you could need to use low-fat butter, or if you're watching your cholesterol consumption it's possible you'll want to add much less salt, the chances are infinite. Why not use the information you'll be able to receive and come up with some of your individual secret recipes.
You can have Almond Sweet Roll using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Almond Sweet Roll
- You need Dough.
- It's 120 ml/g warm milk.
- It's 4 g (1 tsp) granulated sugar, for yeast.
- Prepare 3 g (1 tsp) instant yeast.
- You need 260 g all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 50 g granulated sugar.
- It's 3 g (1/2 tsp) table salt.
- You need 1 whole egg, lightly beaten.
- It's 37 g unsalted butter, melted.
- It's Filling.
- Prepare 130 g almond flour/ground almond.
- Prepare 50 g powdered sugar.
- Prepare 0.75 g (1/8 tsp) table salt.
- Prepare 1 egg white.
- Prepare 1 whole egg.
- It's 5 ml (1 tsp) almond extract.
- You need Glazing.
- You need 70 g powdered sugar.
- It's 15 ml/g (1 tbsp) milk.
- Prepare 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) almond extract.
- You need toasted almond slices for topping.
Almond Sweet Roll step by step
- Make the dough: Dilute 1 teaspoon of sugar into the warm milk (about 120°F/49°C). Sprinkle the yeast and let sit for 5 - 10 minutes until it is bubbly. If it is not bubbly, the yeast is no longer active and unfortunately cannot be used..
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Pour the yeast mixture in. Add the egg and mix until it forms a ball..
- Add the melted butter. Mix until it is fully absorbed. Transfer onto a lightly floured surface..
- Knead the dough for 10 - 15 minutes. Once it turns smooth, elastic, and not tacky, round it into a ball..
- Place the dough ball into a medium bowl and coat it with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth or a plastic wrap. Let sit for about 1 hour in a warm area so it can double in size..
- Make the filling: Place flour, sugar, and salt into a food processor. Pulse until roughly combined. Add eggs and almond extract. Thoroughly mix with a few more pulse..
- Shape the dough: Transfer dough onto a work surface. Roll it out in a 11×14 inch (28x36 cm) rectangle. Spread the almond mixture on top..
- From the short edge, roll the dough until the end to form a log..
- With a floured serrated knife, slice the log into 9 even pieces. Wipe clean and re-flour the knife after every cut because the almond filling is rather sticky. Arrange in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Cover with a damp cloth or a plastic wrap until it is 1.5x bigger in size for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the surrounding warmth..
- Brush the top with milk or heavy cream. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a cooling rack..
- Make the glazing: simply stir everything to combine. If you find the glazing too runny, use less milk/cream or add more sugar..
- Once cool, remove the bread from its pan. Drizzle the glazing across the top and sprinkle some toasted almonds..
Almond Sweet Roll - Read Also Recipes