Kathi Roll recipes - kathi roll also has saturated fats together with dietary ldl cholesterol and is prevented by folks caring about hearts. The reality is that lean cut beef is low-fat and supplies protein as well as iron (provides oxygen from lungs to body cells). Many women are discovered poor in it. Choose steaks that have deep red coloration with less marbling
These are available in most fast food chains. Kathi Roll is one of the easiest recipe to prepare at home. Here's how you prepare this scrumptious snack recipe.
You can have Kathi Roll using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kathi Roll
- It's For roti or wraps:.
- It's 1.5 cup wheat flour (atta).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp salt (optional).
- It's 1 tsp oil (optional).
- Prepare As needed water.
- It's For kathi roll filling:.
- You need 2-3 potatoes boiled, peeled & roughly mashed.
- You need 1/4 cup green peas.
- You need 1 tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp oil.
- You need 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- It's 1 onion chopped.
- It's 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin powder.
- It's 1 tsp coriander powder.
- It's 2 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- You need To taste salt.
- You need 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- You need As needed ghee or oil to apply on rotis.
First, you need to prepare the dough., Take a dough kneading plate and add wheat flour. Popular Indian street-food, Paneer Kathi rolls are warm, layered parathas filled with spicy paneer, mixed peppers and sweet caramelized onions. The Kathi Roll's origins can actually be traced back to a single restaurant, known as Nizam's. At the time of the kati roll's conception, Kolkata was the capital of the British Empire.
Kathi Roll step by step
- To start with add wheat flour in a mixing bowl with salt & oil and mix well. Add water as needed and knead it to a soft dough. Cover and set aside for 20-30 minutes..
- Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin seeds to crackle. Add onion and fry till translucent..
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell of the garlic goes away..
- Next add tomato, then green peas and cook till tomato turns soft..
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and saute for few seconds. Add little water and cook for a minute or two..
- Now add roughly mashed potato. Mix it up well with the spice mixture and cook for few seconds..
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the flame and transfer the potato mixture to a plate. Keep it aside..
- Now make 6 balls of the dough, equal in size..
- Roll each ball to a thin roti of 6 inch diameter using little wheat flour..
- Heat a pan/ griddle on a medium flame and cook the roti by flipping both sides until it turns light brown. Spread some ghee or oil all over and press down gently with a spatula. Remove and keep it in a warm casserole. Make all the roti this way..
- Now take a sufficient amount of cooked potato mixture and place in the middle of the roti in a row/ line. Add few sliced onions and cilantro on top..
- Then roll the sides up to the middle and prick a tooth pick to hold them together. Repeat to make more such kathi rolls with rest of the rotis and serve hot..
Kathi Roll - Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll Recipe, Learn how to make Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll (absolutely delicious recipe of Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll ingredients and cooking method). Frankies are also known as Kathi Rolls or you may call it wrap. This is a popular Mumbai street food. Frankies are perfect meal for any time, or on the go. I had kathi roll only once in bombay cafe. Read Also Recipes