Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole recipes - layered cabbage roll casserole is a misunderstood meals and there are some others like -Eggs are thought-about stuffed with cholesterol and egg yolks particularly should by no means be consumed. Whereas Medical consultants say that Saturated fat together with Trans fats increase more blood cholesterol as in comparison with dietary cholesterol. Eggs are fairly satisfying; Egg yolks have lutein in addition to zeaxanthin that cut back danger of 'Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)' that results in blindness after 50 years of age.
Cabbage Roll Casserole is an easy family favorite. It combines all the delicious flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls with a lot less time and effort. This delectable casserole makes eight healthy servings and leftovers heat perfectly in the microwave.
You can have Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Prepare 1 medium head of cabbage, sliced into ½" strips.
- Prepare 2 lbs ground beef.
- You need 1 small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup uncooked rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp ground cloves.
- It's 1 tsp garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp crushed red pepper.
- It's 1 tsp kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp ground black pepper.
- You need 24 ounces crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 15 ounces tomato sauce or 1 cup v8 juice.
- It's 2 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce.
Cabbage rolls are popular in Balkans, parts of Europe, Iran and Northern China. Cabbage Roll / Golabki are also very popular in Process of traditional cabbage rolls is rather time consuming and so I simplified and used a layering method to make this popular dish. Easy Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe - Low Carb - This easy lazy cabbage roll casserole recipe without rice is quick to make using common ingredients. Using cauliflower rice makes it healthy, low carb, and delicious.
Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the cabbage across the bottom of a 9×13 dish (two smaller pans will work as well). In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the ground beef along with the onion..
- Drain any grease from the pan and add the rice, chili powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, garlic powder, crushed red pepper,salt and pepper to the skillet with the meat. Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Spread the meat mixture over the cabbage in the baking dish..
- Mix together the tomato sauce, worsteshire sauce, garlic, and vinegar and pour over the meat and cabbage. Cover with foil and then bake for 90 minutes. Uncover and let rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving..
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and or shredded motzerella cheese..
Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole - It's the best cabbage roll casserole ever! My Cabbage Roll Casserole recipe is layered with a perfectly seasoned pork and rice mixture, tender cabbage, and topped with cheese. It's a great meal you can throw together with ease. With instructions included for turning this into a freezer meal, good homemade food will be a cinch any night of the week. Nothing beats a lazy cabbage role casserole for dinner. Read Also Recipes