Crock Pot Split Pea Soup recipes - crock pot split pea soup also has saturated fats together with dietary cholesterol and is avoided by folks caring about hearts. The truth is that lean cut beef is low-fat and supplies protein in addition to iron (supplies oxygen from lungs to physique cells). Many women are found deficient in it. Select steaks that have deep red shade with much less marbling
Delicious crock pot recipes for Pot Roast, Pork, Chicken, soups and desserts! Welcome to our site dedicated to all things slow cooking! This is a great way to make split pea soup - just let it cook itself all day long.
You can have Crock Pot Split Pea Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
- It's 7 cup water.
- Prepare 1 packages Dry Split Green Peas (1lb bag of beans).
- You need 1 packages Smithfield Ham Slice, diced (1.5 lb).
- You need 1 each Onion, diced.
- You need 1 each Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 stick Celery, chopped.
- It's 3 stick Carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 4 dash Onion Powder.
- It's 1 Salt.
- It's 1 Black Pepper.
- Prepare Garlic Powder.
- Prepare Crushed Red Pepper.
I like the addition of rice in this recipe. Pour chicken broth and water over all. Remove the meat from the bone and discard the bone. You can mash the peas, spoon them into the blender, or use an immersion blender to make the soup creamier.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup step by step
- Add thick coat of NON STICK SPRAY to your Crock Pot ( slow cooker )..
- Add water, beans, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrots and seasonings..
- Add diced ham ( it is cheaper to buy the big thick slice and dice yourself ) ... Give a good stir to thoroughly combine..
- Cook on high 6-8 hours. ( Or cook on low 10-12 ).
- Optional: Serve with warm sliced bread/crackers! Enjoy!.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup - This crockpot split pea soup recipe is not only good and healthy but really inexpensive to make too! If you don't have a leftover ham bone you usually can find a ham hocks/shanks in the meat dept for next to nothing. Crock-pot® split pea soup is a vegetable-based soup made from peas and other ingredients that are freshly prepared and simmered in a crock-pot®. A When preparing crock-pot® split pea soup, many cooks use vegetable broth as a base. Alternately, vegetarian or chicken bouillon cubes may. Read Also Recipes