Broccoli Cheese Soup - Slow Cooker recipes - Getting ready broccoli cheese soup - slow cooker these prime secret recipes at house offers you more freedom with your meals, you possibly can alter certain recipes to fit your personal requirements.e.g. if you're on a food plan chances are you'll want to use low-fat butter, or in case you are watching your ldl cholesterol consumption you could need to add less salt, the possibilities are limitless. Why not use the data you'll be able to obtain and come up with a few of your own secret recipes.
In a large bowl whisk together the cornstarch and chicken broth. In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, broth, milk and pepper.
You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup - Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup - Slow Cooker
- You need 6 cups broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- Prepare 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- It's 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced.
- It's 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- It's 2 oz. cream cheese.
- It's 1 tsp. dried oregano.
- It's 3/4 tsp. salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp. each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup milk.
- It's 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- It's 2 tbsp. all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 cup freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- It's 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Add the onion, garlic, broccoli, and chicken stock to a slow cooker. Mix in the cream cheese, and the cheddar cheese. Cook mixture, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken then pour into a slow cooker along with chicken broth, diced broccoli and thyme. Turn heat to warm (or off) and stir in heavy cream, then add in shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese and stir to blend.
Broccoli Cheese Soup - Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
Broccoli Cheese Soup - Slow Cooker - While whisking, slowly pour in evaporated milk (whisk well to smooth). Cook mixture, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken then pour into a slow cooker along with chicken broth, diced broccoli and thyme. When done cooking, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture in the slow cooker, or remove mixture to blender and blend until smooth. Pour Milk into the slow cooker. Add Butter, Flour, Salt and Pepper to taste and stir. Read Also Recipes