Broccoli Cheese Soup recipes - In this busy world of ours many individuals find themselves working more hours than they wish to. broccoli cheese soup Add the each day commute and the odd after work drink onto the each day schedule and you may see why prepared meals have change into extremely popular.After a really busy day at the office it is so much simpler to put a ready made meal into the microwave or oven than prepare it's to prepare a meal using contemporary substances. All that chopping, peeling and what have you ever, it simply does not seem worth it - all you need to do is sit back, watch TV and unwind.
I like to garnish this soup with a sprinkle of black pepper, some extra cheddar cheese and. Fresh broccoli cheese soup is a delicious meal for a winter's night. You can make it with fresh or frozen broccoli and any type of cheese that melts well.
You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- It's 1/2 stick butter.
- You need 1 small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of baby carrots chopped.
- You need 2 celery stalks, diced.
- It's 3 cup chicken broth.
- It's 1 cup half and half.
- Prepare 1 cup milk.
- It's 2 head fresh broccoli, chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- It's 1/8 tsp dried thyme.
- It's pinch nutmeg.
- You need 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt.
This recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese. Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate comfort food! This is deliciously cheesy, amazingly rich and creamy, and it has plenty of fresh broccoli (cut into itty bitty pieces of course) dotted throughout. The easiest and the best Broccoli Cheese Soup - this soup recipe is high on the list of our favorites.
Broccoli Cheese Soup step by step
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Broccoli Cheese Soup - Broccoli cheese soup, in case you needed reminding, is going to bring several good things into your life: a delicate start of butter and garlic and onions, a silky-smooth soup base, little bite-sized bits of. In the world of cheaty foods, broccoli cheese soup has always seemed like one of the cheatiest. There's nothing wrong with owning it: Cheese is delicious, and not every single lunch has to be virtuous. I put potatoes and chicken in it one time to experiment and it was delicious! This soup is good I'm so many ways! Read Also Recipes