Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup recipes - That is an comprehensible approach to consuming a night potato broccoli ham and cheese soup, particularly in the event you reside alone or along with your associate. I assume most people balance their eating habits between prepared meals and cooking form scratch, however what when you start to eat too many prepared meals? Is that going to be beneficial in your long run health?The principle causes individuals are likely to eat ready meals is to economize and to save time, however what if those things may very well be achieved and, if you're a non cook dinner, you could be taught a brand new ability at the time same? Would that make you feel more like preparing your individual meals?
Easy to make, with a quick recipe video included, this is a hearty yet healthy meal! This is a chunky Broccoli and Potato in a thick and creamy soup broth that's made with no cream. It's hearty, filling and surprisingly low-cal(ish), clocking.
You can cook Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup
- You need 1 head fresh brocolli.
- Prepare 2 cups finely diced ham.
- You need 1/2 cup diced onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup butter.
- It's 1/4 cup flour.
- You need 1/2 cup white cooking wine.
- It's 1 cup milk.
- You need 8 cups potatoes (peeled & chopped).
- You need 12 cups water.
- You need 2 teaspoons salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon pepper.
- You need 6 slices American cheese.
- Prepare 4 ounces velveeta cheese.
This creamy and cheesy potato soup with broccoli comes together quickly for an easy and quick weeknight meal that everyone will love. But this broccoli potato cheese soup recipe doesn't sacrifice flavor in it's ingredient modifications, but instead is a healthyish version of my childhood fave. This broccoli potato cheese soup won't freeze well because of the dairy. If you don't have cheddar, try using another flavorful, good melting cheese such as Gruyere cheese.
Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup step by step
- Place water potatoes and salt in 8 quart pot. Boil until tender, around 20 minutes. Simutaneously, chop broccoli florets and stem and steam until tender, around 15 minutes..
- While boiling potatoes and steaming broccoli, melt butter in pot and cook onions until translucent. Mix flour into butter and onions. Slowly add white cooking wine stirring constantly until it is a smooth consistency..
- Remove water from potatoes and add 8 cups to sauce. Stir in milk and bring mixture to a simmer. Slowly add American and velveeta cheese, stirring until smooth..
- Add potatoes, ham, broccoli and pepper to the mixture and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic toast..
Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup - You could also use cauliflower instead of broccoli in this potato soup recipe. This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! As the weather is getting cooler, it's the perfect soup to warm up and leftovers are great to pack for lunch. Like broccoli cheese soup meets creamy potato soup. · An easy cheesy dish that uses up that Christmas or Easter ham! My family looks forward to this one! · This broccoli cheese soup recipe is easy to make and loaded with broccoli and cheddar cheese. Read Also Recipes