Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup recipes - This is an understandable method to eating a night broccoli and blue cheese soup, particularly if you stay alone or along with your companion. I suppose most people steadiness their eating habits between prepared meals and cooking type scratch, but what when you start to eat too many prepared meals? Is that going to be helpful in your long term health?The main causes folks tend to eat ready meals is to save money and to save time, but what if these things might be achieved and, in case you are a non cook, you may learn a new talent on the time similar? Would that make you feel extra like making ready your personal meals?
This Soup recipe is so easy to make and extra special because this is my Mom's recipe and I love this. Light and creamy broccoli soup with Danish blue cheese. The blue cheese can be substituted for other cheeses such as blue Stilton or Gorgonzola.
You can have Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup
- It's 25 ml oil.
- You need 1 tbsp butter.
- It's 1 onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 carrot, cubed about 0,5 cm.
- Prepare 1 potato, cubed about 0.5cm.
- You need 1 stem leak, sliced.
- You need 1 bunch parsley, chopped.
- It's 1 broccoli.
- Prepare 1 tsp salt.
- It's 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 1 lt chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 80 g blue cheese, crumbled.
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. For years, I wished that I could duplicate the broccoli and cheese at Chili's, where I worked in college. But since it wasn't made at the restaurant, I couldn't. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup instructions
- Cut the stalks of the broccoli and cube them into about 0,5cm pieces. Then cut the flowers smaller..
- Preheat a pot on a medium to high heat. Fry onions in oil for about 10 minutes or until translucent..
- Put in the butter. Followed by the rest of the vegetables, excluding the broccoli flowers and the parsley. Fry for 10 minutes..
- Add the stock, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Now add the broccoli flowers and parsley, simmer for another 20 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Remove from the stove. Dish out half of the soup and set aside. Add the blue cheese to the remainder of the soup and blend with a stick blender. Now put the other half back in. Place the pot back onto the heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes..
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup - Use the immersion blender to thoroughly blend the. This broccoli and stilton soup is perfect for warming up on a cold winter evening. Carefully blend the soup until completely smooth, then check the seasoning. Divide among four warmed soup bowls and top with crumbled Stilton, a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of chilli flakes. The most popular new book about soup and only soup comes from British restaurateur John Vincent and food writer Jane Vincent. Read Also Recipes