Broccoli Cheese Soup recipes - Making ready broccoli cheese soup these top secret recipes at residence provides you extra freedom with your food, you can alter sure recipes to fit your own requirements.e.g. if you're on a weight-reduction plan chances are you'll wish to use low-fat butter, or if you're watching your cholesterol consumption chances are you'll wish to add less salt, the possibilities are infinite. Why not use the information you may receive and provide you with a few of your personal secret recipes.
I like to garnish this soup with a sprinkle of black pepper, some extra cheddar cheese and. Fresh broccoli cheese soup is a delicious meal for a winter's night. You can make it with fresh or frozen broccoli and any type of cheese that melts well.
You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp butter.
- You need 2 tbsp cold butter, cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup sliced leek, white part only, well rinsed.
- You need 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp cracked pepper.
- It's 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg.
- It's 1 clove garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cup vegetable broth.
- It's 3 each heads of broccoli florets, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- It's 1 1/4 cup grated cheddar.
- It's 3 tbsp flour, use rice flour for gluten free.
This recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese. Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate comfort food! This is deliciously cheesy, amazingly rich and creamy, and it has plenty of fresh broccoli (cut into itty bitty pieces of course) dotted throughout. The easiest and the best Broccoli Cheese Soup - this soup recipe is high on the list of our favorites.
Broccoli Cheese Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, saute onions a leek in 3 tablespoons of butter with salt, pepper and nutmeg- until softened,.
- Add garlic and thyme until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle flour in and cook about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Reduced heat and let simmer for five minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and continue simmering for 20 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Add cream and simmer until warmed through.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in cold butter.
Broccoli Cheese Soup - Broccoli cheese soup, in case you needed reminding, is going to bring several good things into your life: a delicate start of butter and garlic and onions, a silky-smooth soup base, little bite-sized bits of. In the world of cheaty foods, broccoli cheese soup has always seemed like one of the cheatiest. There's nothing wrong with owning it: Cheese is delicious, and not every single lunch has to be virtuous. I put potatoes and chicken in it one time to experiment and it was delicious! This soup is good I'm so many ways! Read Also Recipes