Broccoli blue cheese soup recipes - Whether or not you browse broccoli blue cheese soup recipes, buy an e-book, a hardback e book, or a web based subscription to a recipe website, one can find that there are numerous sources on the web which will assist you to to study prime secret recipes right this moment. The easiest way to find on-line cooking guides on the internet is to use overview sites, they may also help making a decision on which product you want to purchase while at the similar time providing you with detailed opinions.
This Soup recipe is so easy to make and extra special because this is my Mom's recipe and I love this. I have been making broccoli cheese soup for years but this version is MUCH easier!! Light and creamy broccoli soup with Danish blue cheese.
You can have Broccoli blue cheese soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli blue cheese soup
- Prepare Ingredients.
- It's 2 cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 pinch ground cumin.
- You need 1 pinch ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp wheat flour.
- It's 2 tbsp corn flour.
- You need 60 grams blue cheese.
- It's 1/2 carrot or parsnip.
- Prepare 30 grams butter.
- It's 150 ml heavy cream.
- You need 4 cup hot water.
- You need 1 head Broccoli (or 2).
- You need 1/2 cup dried potato flakes.
The blue cheese can be substituted for other cheeses such as blue Stilton or Gorgonzola. The most popular new book about soup and only soup comes from British restaurateur John Vincent and food writer Jane Vincent. Leon Happy Soups brings the recipes from the beloved London produce palace straight to your own kitchen. Remember: A boring bowl is not a happy bowl.
Broccoli blue cheese soup instructions
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
Broccoli blue cheese soup - The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy thanks to a potato and cheddar cheese (no cream, no flour!). I have high standards for broccoli cheese soup. Read Also Recipes