Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipes - The reality is it is potential to organize broccoli cheddar soup made from fresh ingredients in a short time. Salad is a prime instance. All you need is some recent components, a chopping knife and the meal is prepared in 5 minutes. There are many salad dressings round which can enhance a boring plate of greens if the considered all that green stuff does would not do much for you.Another quick meal is stir fry. It is possible to buy recent stir fry mixes from most shops. Stir fry can go from packet to plate to abdomen in 15 minutes.
Curdling in a cream soup usually occurs when the milk or cream is added at too high of a heat. As you incorporate the milk and broth into the cooked onion and flour mixture, keep the heat at medium and stir continuously with a whisk. Once all is mixed in, then proceed to heat to a boil.
You can cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- You need 1 large onion, roughly chopped.
- It's 3 cloves garlic,minced.
- Prepare 2 carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Prepare 4 tbsp butter.
- It's 1/4 cup flour.
- You need 1 bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 cups half and half.
- Prepare 3-4 cups chicken stock*.
- Prepare 6-7 heads broccoli crowns.
- You need 3-4 cups sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need salt.
- It's pepper.
- It's 4 oz cream cheese.
Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth; you'll still have flecks of. How to Store and Freeze Broccoli Cheddar Soup Leftovers of this soup will last in the fridge for about five days and reheat well in the microwave or over low heat on the stovetop. You can also freeze this soup for up to three months! Let it cool completely, then transfer it to freezer containers or bags and freeze.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup instructions
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks...for texture. Completely up to you...
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup - Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. Creamy comfort in a bowl with tender broccoli, Cheddar cheese, and SO MUCH FLAVOUR! Read Also Recipes