Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipes - bacon cheddar broccoli soup is a misunderstood food and there are some others like -Eggs are considered full of ldl cholesterol and egg yolks especially must not at all be consumed. Whereas Medical specialists say that Saturated fats along with Trans fat increase more blood ldl cholesterol as compared to dietary ldl cholesterol. Eggs are quite satisfying; Egg yolks have lutein as well as zeaxanthin that cut back risk of 'Age-Associated Macular Degeneration (AMD)' that leads to blindness after 50 years of age.
This broccoli cheddar soup is one of those dishes that you can really make your own. I cooked the bacon in my cast iron and left the bacon there. Then added broccoli and all other ingredients.
You can cook Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- You need 3 ounces butter.
- It's 3 ounces flour by weight.
- It's 1 pound broccoli flowerets -- rough chopped.
- It's 4 cloves garlic- finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper -- small diced.
- You need 1 cup Sweet onion -- small diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- You need 8 ounces half and half.
- It's 1 cup cheddar cheese – shredded.
- It's 5 slices bacon cooked and diced fine.
The key for the cheddar to incorporate is to add it last and stir constantly while adding the. How to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Place large pot over medium heat and melt butter. DISCLOSURE Spoon Fork Bacon contains paid advertising banners and occasionally affiliate links, and sponsored posts.
Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup step by step
- Over a medium heat add the butter then the flour and stir constantly and cook for 3 minutes to make a white roux. (This will thicken the soup) Set aside..
- Simmer the broccoli, garlic, red bell pepper, onions and seasoning in chicken stock until tender. About 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the white roux until incorporated, stir and simmer for fifteen minutes..
- Puree the soup with hand blender, food processor or blender; start off slow so that you do not burn yourself..
- Return the soup to the stove and bring to a simmer and add cheese and half and half until melted..
- Add in the chopped bacon.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup - Is there anything more hearty, cheesy and perfect than Broccoli Cheddar soup? Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome. There are a few keys to making this soup really special Unlike some broccoli cheddar soups, my Broccoli Cheddar Soup doesn't use heavy cream and is ever so slightly lighter on the cheese, so you still Most of my soup recipes are big batch so you can freeze the leftovers and stock your freezer with all that goodness, but this Broccoli Cheddar Soup is. Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Bacon - Savory Tooth. Read Also Recipes