Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipes - Whichever you choose, whether or not you like restaurant fashion meals, broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup Chinese language meals, Indian, Japanese, kuih and extra, you'll be able to assure that you will discover a cooking recipe guide on the internet that may assist you to make the dishes you need. With the helpful guides accessible on the internet you'll find recipe elements at a glance and purchase them out of your local grocery retailer for cut price costs.
For fall and winter, this is one of my favorites. I keep frozen broccoli and cauliflower in my. Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is your answer when you need a cozy dinner ASAP.
You can have Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- It's 5 tbsp unsalted butter.
- It's 1 medium onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic.
- Prepare 4 cups broccoli.
- You need 1 cup cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 stalks celery.
- Prepare 1 large carrot.
- It's 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth.
- It's 2 cups half and half.
- You need 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
I mean, we all remember the day we fell in love with Panera's version. This is a lovely soup with the addition of the broccoli & cauliflower. It is a lighter soup and the vegetables add a nice colour. Core and separate cauliflower into small flowerets.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup step by step
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup - Add broccoli stems and cauliflower to potato mixture. Broccoli cauliflower soup is creamy, comforting, and perfect for chilly nights! This healthy soup recipe is a hit with my entire family! I like to serve this broccoli and cauliflower soup with some crumbled bacon and grated cheddar on top. A little sour cream would be nice too! Read Also Recipes