Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup recipes - Whether you browse beef and barley vegtable soup recipes, buy an e-book, a hardback ebook, or a web-based subscription to a recipe site, you can find that there are various assets on the internet which can enable you to study prime secret recipes at this time. One of the best ways to seek out online cooking guides on the web is to use review websites, they might help you decide on which product you want to buy while on the same time offering you with detailed evaluations.
Beef Barley Soup This Beef Barley Soup is really one of the best, heartiest meals for fall, winter or just a chilly summer day. It's thick and rich and loaded with flavor, thanks to those browned chunks of beef and tender vegetables. Stovetop: Let soup base fully dissolve in water.
You can cook Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup
- It's 1 pound Beef Bottom Round Steak (Thin).
- You need 3 Tablespoons Flour.
- It's 4 teaspoons Course Salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons Black Pepper.
- You need 2 Tablespoons Oil (olive or avocado).
- It's 1 Tablespoon Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 Yellow Onion (chopped).
- It's 2 Stalks Celery (minced).
- It's 4 Carrots (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup Red Wine.
- You need 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce.
- It's 6 cups Beef Broth.
- You need 4 New Potatoes (diced).
- You need 1 can Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 can Green beans.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon Oregano (leaves).
- You need 3 teaspoons Season Salt.
- It's 1 cup Quick Barley.
- It's 1 package Brown Gravy.
- It's 2 Green Onions.
Add all ingredients except the peas and barley. Heat oil and brown onion, beef, carrots and celery. Put the beef back in, add the barley, stock, water, bay leaf, rosemary and thyme. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup instructions
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots to 5 or 6 quart pot on medium/high heat..
- Chop beef into 2 inch strips, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and cover in flour. Add beef to pot with vegetables and cook until brown, stirring occasionally..
- Add red wine and soy sauce to pot and stir to deglaze. Add beef broth, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, to pot and bring to a boil..
- Add cumin, oregano, and season salt. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Stir gravy package into soup and add barley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add green onions to soup and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve..
Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup - Skim the fat occasionally from the top of the soup. Beef barley soup should taste deeply beefy, and should be loaded with chunks of tender, flavorful meat, plump grains of barley, and aromatic vegetables. The secret to those results is to make it much like a beef stew, choosing the right cut of beef, handling it the right way, and adding more complex layers of flavor. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef on all sides; drain. Read Also Recipes