Turkey-Barley Soup recipes - On this busy world of ours many people discover themselves working extra hours than they wish to. turkey-barley soup Add the every day commute and the odd after work drink onto the every day schedule and you can see why ready meals have change into extremely popular.After a very busy day at the workplace it's so much easier to put a prepared made meal into the microwave or oven than put together it's to organize a meal utilizing contemporary elements. All that chopping, peeling and what have you ever, it just doesn't seem value it - all you need to do is sit back, watch TV and unwind.
To shorten cooking time, substitute quick-cooking barley for pearl barley. This Turkey Barley Soup brings big flavors — carrots, celery and fresh thyme — with lean turkey and barley to fill you up. This turkey and barley soup is the perfect solution for that leftover holiday turkey.
You can cook Turkey-Barley Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey-Barley Soup
- You need 19 oz ground turkey.
- You need 2 cup carrot, thinly sliced.
- It's 1 cup onion, chopped.
- It's 1 cup celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped.
- It's 1 clove garlic.
- You need 42 oz beef broth (3 14 oz cans).
- It's 28 oz diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 8 oz tomato sauce.
- It's 1/2 cup quick-cook barley.
- You need 2 bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp worchestershire sauce.
- It's 1 tsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp salt.
The easy-prep soup cooks in the crock pot or on the stovetop. This turkey barley soup is a tradition in my family. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas my mom would make stock with the turkey carcass and then use the stock to make this soup. This hearty and savory soup is fiber-full and flavorful.
Turkey-Barley Soup instructions
- Cook turkey and veggies over medium heat until browned. Drain..
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 minutes until barley is tender..
Turkey-Barley Soup - Barley adds a delightfully chewy texture while the mushrooms give this turkey barley soup a velvety. Turkey Barley Soup is a great way to use leftover Thanksgiving Turkey, and this is warm and comforting. This Simple Slowcooker Ground Turkey, Vegetable and Barley Soup is so simple to put together too. I originally found this recipe in slowcooker book of mine but modified several of the ingredients to make. This soup is made from turkey carcass, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, cabbage, tomatoes, barley, parsley and thyme. Read Also Recipes