Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup recipes - ox cheek and vegetable soup is a misunderstood food and there are some others like -Eggs are thought-about full of cholesterol and egg yolks especially must by no means be consumed. Whereas Medical specialists say that Saturated fats together with Trans fat increase more blood ldl cholesterol as compared to dietary ldl cholesterol. Eggs are quite satisfying; Egg yolks have lutein in addition to zeaxanthin that scale back risk of 'Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)' that results in blindness after 50 years of age.
The ox cheeks are gently braised until they become soft and tender and served with creamy celery purée and gremolata. Rich, meaty cut for fabulous casseroles. Braise low and slow for intensely rich flavour and an unmistakable, falling-apart texture.
You can cook Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup
- You need 3 medium onions, cut into quarters.
- Prepare 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut thickly.
- Prepare 3 stalks, cut thickly.
- It's 1/2 of a Swede, peeled and thickly cut.
- It's 2 Ox cheeks, cut into Bitesize chunks.
- Prepare to taste Salt.
- It's to taste Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 beef stock cubes.
- It's 2 l water, plus more as required.
- You need Handful fresh thyme sprigs.
- You need 150 g approximately of pearl barley.
Add the Liquid: After searing the vegetables, place the meat back in the pan. Add wine, stock or a mixture, and herbs such as bay leaf, peppercorns or cloves. A hearty, warming soup, British inspired recipe, made with tender beef cheek, carrots, onions, swede and mushrooms. This recipe for braised ox cheeks delivers maximum flavour for minimum prep.
Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup step by step
- Place the water in a large stock and and bring to the boil. Add the ox cheek one the water is boiling and stir well..
- Add the carrots, swede, celery, onions and leeks into the pot and bring back to boil..
- Add the thyme and barley and reduce to a simmer, Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 hours to 2.5 hours. May need more or less time, depending how long the meat takes to soften. Add more water if the pot starts to dry out too much..
Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup - Heat the oil in a wide flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based pan. Sear the cheeks on all sides, then set aside. Add the vegetables and garlic to. Remove ox cheeks from pot and set aside. Dice onions, chop garlic, and cube carrots and celery root. Read Also Recipes