Ssambap: Rice Stuffed Cabbage Wraps recipes - ssambap: rice stuffed cabbage wraps is a misunderstood food and there are some others like -Eggs are considered stuffed with ldl cholesterol and egg yolks especially must not at all be consumed. Whereas Medical specialists say that Saturated fat along with Trans fats increase more blood ldl cholesterol as compared to dietary cholesterol. Eggs are quite satisfying; Egg yolks have lutein as well as zeaxanthin that reduce risk of 'Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)' that results in blindness after 50 years of age.
Hey :) Today I'm going to make Korean Leaf Wraps and Rice, 'Ssambap'. Korean wrap(Ssam) is a very unique way to eat leaf vegetables and other ingredients. My mother often prepared this delicious Ssambap (rice wrap with assorted lettuce and leaves) and Ssambap is a country style Korean food.
You can cook Ssambap: Rice Stuffed Cabbage Wraps using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ssambap: Rice Stuffed Cabbage Wraps
- You need 1/2 Cabbage.
- You need 1 as much (to taste) Hot cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 as much (to taste) Korean-style miso sauce (samjang).
- You need 1 as much (to taste) Meat soboro.
- It's 1 as much (to taste) Egg soboro.
Just picked from the farm, freshest lettuces and the leaves of all Ssambap is very easy to put together. Get a varieties of leafy lettuces, cabbages, perilla leaves. Korean ssambap lettuce wrap perilla, kale, cabbage, squash leaves. Make a Ssam platter - lay out different fresh ssam greens on a plate and put rice Make Ssambap - Wrap baton shaped rice balls with various cooked greens.
Ssambap: Rice Stuffed Cabbage Wraps instructions
- The outer leaves of cabbage are sometimes dirty, so discard 2 or 3 leaves. Cut the cabbage in half, remove the core, and rinse..
- Prepare your steamer or place a dish in a deep pot. Place the cabbage and outer leaves in the steamer and cover with a lid. Once it starts to steam, reduce the heat to medium..
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes (adjust the time as necessary). Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 to 6 minutes to continue cooking in residual heat. Serve the cabbage with ssamjang..
- You can buy ssamjang, but it's also easy to make. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153003-2-variations-of-homemade-korean-miso-sauce-ssamjang.
- To serve: Place one cabbage leaf in your hand and top it with some rice and ssamjang. Wrap up the cabbage leaf and take a big bite..
- Make bite-sized cabbage rolls for your children..
- It is also great with just ssamjang, but try it with soboro or Korean BBQ meat..
- Moist meat soboro. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147021-bibimbap-meat-soboro-with-secret-sauce.
- This egg soboro with a sesame aroma is great in ssambap https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152952-fluffy-crumbly-egg-soboro-for-bibimbap.
Ssambap: Rice Stuffed Cabbage Wraps - Steamed rice is wrapped in steamed cabbage and it's served with spicy beef gochujang sauce! Makes an easy and healthy meal! Kimchi ssambap (김치 쌈밥) is rice wrapped in kimchi. To use kimchi as a wrap, simply squeeze out the liquid from the kimchi. You can rinse in water The rice can be in any form. Read Also Recipes