Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls) recipes - If you happen to have been to purchase kimbap (korean-style sushi rolls) an e-book you possibly can print recipes as you need them. It may be very efficient this fashion as you should have a simple to observe recipe in entrance of you and also you wont have to worry about spilling food on them or shedding them as you can print an extra copy for every time you have to.
Japanese sushi is made out of rice seasoned with vinegar and customarily features raw fish, seafood, and vegetables, whereas Korean rolls use sesame oil in the rice and a variety of fillings. Gimbap (or kimbap) is the most popular on-the-go meal in Korea! Try them yourself and be prepared to fall in love with these delicious Korean rice rolls.
You can have Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls) using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls)
- Prepare 2 sheets ■ Nori seaweed.
- You need 1 dash ■ Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 serving ◇ Plain steamed rice.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp ◇ Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ◇ Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp ◇ White sesame seeds.
- You need 1 ◆ Egg.
- Prepare 1 pinch ◆ Salt.
- You need 1 Carrot.
- You need 1 Spinach.
- It's 1 Takuwan (yellow pickled radish).
- You need 50 grams Minced meat.
- Prepare 1 dash Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 Bottled yakiniku sauce.
- It's 1 Salt yakiniku sauce.
There are many variations of gimbap these days, but the best one for me is classic gimbap my mother used to make for us on our field trip/picnic days. Kimbap is a must at any Korean picnic. Traditional versions use bulgogi meat, assorted vegetables and omelette. The rice is seasoned with sesame oil and salt rather than vinegar and sugar.
Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls) step by step
- Cut the nori in half. Apply a thin coat of sesame oil to each side and heat lightly (or use Korean nori if available)..
- Beat an egg, season with salt, and make a flat pancake. Cut into 5 mm strips..
- Julienne the carrots to 5 mm thickness. Boil and mix with salt yakiniku sauce (normal yakiniku sauce is fine)..
- Blanch the spinach, squeeze out the water, and mix with the yakiniku sauce..
- Julienne the takuwan pickles into 5 mm thickness..
- Brown the beef in sesame oil. Flavor with yakiniku sauce..
- Add sesame oil, salt, and white sesame seeds to warm rice and mix..
- Spread the nori on a sushi mat (outer side facing down). Spread a thin layer of rice. Leave the top 1.5 cm uncovered. Make sure the bottom is well-covered..
- Center the meat..
- On top of the meat, layer with the eggs, spinach (excess liquid squeezed out), carrots and takuwan (one stick each)..
- Start rolling from the bottom. Squeezing with both hands, roll from edge to edge, like this picture. Here, I'm squeezing lightly..
- Roll in the leftover nori edge. Place that edge on the bottom..
- Once the roll is secured, slice into whatever thickness you like..
Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls) - Gimbap (김밥) is a classic Korean sushi rolls. This Korean kimbap recipe is not only delicious, but also colorful and healthy food! What is kimbap (김밥) or gimbap? Gimbap is a popular Korean style sushi roll. Gim means dried seaweed sheet (nori). Read Also Recipes