Fluffy Hot Cross Buns recipes - Getting ready fluffy hot cross buns these top secret recipes at house offers you more freedom together with your meals, you'll be able to alter certain recipes to suit your own requirements.e.g. if you're on a diet you could wish to use low-fat butter, or if you are watching your ldl cholesterol consumption it's possible you'll need to add less salt, the probabilities are limitless. Why not use the knowledge you may receive and come up with a few of your own secret recipes.
The recipe is simple, but for best results, you do need a little bit of patience to let them proof well. It'll be absolutely worth your while though! Now you can make Spiced Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns too!
You can have Fluffy Hot Cross Buns using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Hot Cross Buns
- You need A. Tangzhong (10% Hydration).
- You need 60 g bread flour.
- You need 300 g water.
- Prepare B. Dough.
- You need 150 g water.
- You need 1 (60 g) egg - lightly beaten.
- You need 2 tbsp corn oil.
- You need 1 tsp salt.
- You need 2 tbsp sugar.
- Prepare 540 g bread flour.
- It's 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
- Prepare (Add 1 tsp nutmeg-opt).
- You need 3 tbsp milk powder.
- You need 1 tsp bread improver (optional).
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp INSTANT dried yeast.
- It's C. Extra Ingredient (s).
- Prepare 1 C chopped dried cranberries.
- You need Or Sultanas.
- It's D. Topping / flour paste.
- It's 2 tbsp - 2 1/2 tbsp water.
- It's 40 g (1/4 C) plain flour.
- Prepare E. Glazing.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp honey.
Best Hot Cross Buns - light & fluffy. These buns were light, fluffy and VERY well received, thanks for the tips and comments. i will add more spice in tomorrow's batch. Hot Cross Buns are usually enjoyed during the Easter season in many countries. These sweet treats mark the end of Lent for many people.
Fluffy Hot Cross Buns instructions
- Note: This recipe uses INSTANT dried yeast that does not need to be dissolved in water. For active dried yeast, mix it with water and sugar and leave to proof for 5-10 minutes before using..
- A. Tangzhong - Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or an hour before baking..
- B. Dough - Using a bread maker, place water and A (tangzhong) into the bread pan, followed by the rest of the ingredients in B in the exact order listed. Press ‘dough’ function. Add C (extra ingredients) once dough is formed (or depending on the bread maker instruction). Remove dough from bread pan once bread maker beeps and stops. Proceed to step 5..
- If using a stand mixer, the same order applied and knead until dough reaches ‘window pane’ or stretchable. Cover bowl with a greased cling film and place in a warm place to rise or double in size. Depending on temperature in the house, the rising time varies from 45 mins to 1 1/2 hours. Proceed to step 5..
- After the first rise, transfer dough to a generously floured work top. Punch dough down. Dough is slightly sticky. Divide dough into 18 equal portions, each weighing around 69g-70g. Very lightly, shape each into a ball. Place balls onto a greased baking tin, about 1-2 cm apart. Cover with greased cling film. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until buns double in size. Preheat oven to 160°C - 170°C..
- D. Topping/Flour paste - Mix water and flour in a bowl. Mix well into a thick paste that is not too thin or way too thick. Spoon into a piping bag or a small plastic bag. Snip off a corner and pipe flour paste over tops of the buns to form lines. Bake buns for 15-20 minutes or until buns turn lightly brown and hollow when tapped. Remove from the oven and immediately brush tops of the buns with E. Next, transfer buns to a cooling rack right away and leave to cool before storing..
- Serve buns with sliced salted butter. Microwave before serving for a warmer buns..
- E. Glazing - Melt butter and honey in a microwave starting with 5 seconds. Microwave for another 5 seconds if needed. Mix well. Brush glaze over warm hot cross buns. Note: Any jam or just melted butter can also be used for glazing..
Fluffy Hot Cross Buns - How to make soft Fluffy Hot Cross Buns. Prepare the dough by mixing the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients. The resulting dough will be slightly wet. You can make homemade hot cross buns with any type of yeast - rapid rise, instant or dried. Buns will not be as soft and fluffy if you don't need the dough enough. Read Also Recipes