Hot cross buns recipes - In this busy world of ours many people discover themselves working more hours than they wish to. hot cross buns Add the every day commute and the odd after work drink onto the day by day schedule and you'll see why ready meals have turn out to be very popular.After a very busy day on the office it is so a lot easier to put a prepared made meal into the microwave or oven than prepare it's to organize a meal utilizing recent substances. All that chopping, peeling and what have you ever, it simply would not appear worth it - all you want to do is relax, watch TV and unwind.
Pipe a line along each row of buns, then repeat in the other direction to create crosses. What Do Hot Cross Buns Taste Like? My hot cross buns are a cross (get it?) between a dinner roll and cinnamon roll.
You can have Hot cross buns using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot cross buns
- It's 4 cups wheat flour.
- Prepare 6 tbs sugar.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast.
- You need 1 large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1 tsp salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp cinnamon.
- It's 300 ml water.
- It's Orange peel.
- Prepare Raisins.
- Prepare Orange marmalade for glazing.
- Prepare 4 tbs wheat flour added into 2 tbsp water to make a thick paste.
They're soft, yet a little dense with a deliciously spiced flavor from cinnamon. The Tradition Of Hot Cross Buns. Traditionally eaten on Good Friday to mark the end of Lent, these plushy and slightly spiced breads studded with currants inside and drizzled with icing on top hold deep. Hot Cross Buns are a traditional Good Friday treat!
Hot cross buns instructions
- Pre- heat oven 375 degrees. Warm the water...
- Meanwhile mix 2 tbsp sugar and yeast.
- Add warm water to yeast- sugar mixture..stir n let settle for 5 mins. Cover..
- Meanwhile..mix the other dry ingredients...flour, 4 tbs sugar,salt, cinnamon,orange peel..
- Add the butter and use fingertips to mix flour mixture to the butter..
- Into the yeast mixture which should now have risen,add the egg and mix well..
- Add yeast mixture into wheat flour and mix well. Knead the dough until no longer sticky..
- Cover and leave for 1 hour in a warm place.
- After 1 hour, knead again and cut into small portions and shape into balls..
- Cover and let rise again for 45 mins..
- After 45 mins uncover and draw crosses using the wheat flour paste..
- Bake for 20-25 mins. 375 degrees the first ten mins...then 350 degrees remaining 15 mins..
Hot cross buns - These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze. Read Also Recipes