Hot Cross Buns recipes - All of your favorite eating places have their very own prime secret recipes on the menu which you'll often purchase and luxuriate in. hot cross buns A few of these might even develop into your favorite dishes. What if you might make these dishes in the comfort of your individual house for only a small fraction of the restaurant worth?
Pipe a line along each row of buns, then repeat in the other direction to create crosses. What Do Hot Cross Buns Taste Like? My hot cross buns are a cross (get it?) between a dinner roll and cinnamon roll.
You can have Hot Cross Buns using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot Cross Buns
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- You need 2 large eggs.
- Prepare 1 packet instant dry yeast.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted.
- It's 1/2 cup sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup very warm milk divided into 1/2 and 1/4 cup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup raisins soaked in boiling hot water.
- Prepare 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water for egg wash.
- You need 1/2 cup icing sugar mixed with 2 1/2 teaspoon milk for the glaze.
They're soft, yet a little dense with a deliciously spiced flavor from cinnamon. The Tradition Of Hot Cross Buns. Traditionally eaten on Good Friday to mark the end of Lent, these plushy and slightly spiced breads studded with currants inside and drizzled with icing on top hold deep. Hot Cross Buns are a traditional Good Friday treat!
Hot Cross Buns step by step
- Combine raisins with hot water and let it sit for 10 minutes then drain.
- Add flour, instant dry yeast, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine well..
- Combine warm milk, sugar, eggs and butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, knead until a soft dough is formed about 8-12 minutes. Pat dry the raisins and add them into the soft dough, knead to combine..
- Transfer dough onto a buttered bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Once dough has risen turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead a few seconds. Divide dough into 12 equal balls sizes.
- Roll each dough into a ball, transfer onto a buttered/oiled baking sheet. Cover with tea towel and let sit in a warm place for 30 minutes until puffed.
- Preheat oven to 180 C generously brush the tops of the buns with egg wash and bake for 15-17 minutes/until golden brown. Allow to cool completely once done.
- Stir icing sugar with milk to form paste, add more sugar if you want thicker mixture.
- Transfer glaze to piping bag and pipe a cross shape over each bun. Serve immediately.
Hot Cross Buns - These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze. Read Also Recipes