Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread recipes - sugar and spice buttermilk cornbread are thought-about to be full of fat and sugar, folks say that such an incredible taste would definitely be dangerous for well being. The actual fact nonetheless is that darkish sweets comprise flavanols and antioxidants which have blood-thinning impact benefiting cardiovascular well being. Dark candies also reduce stress hormones (cortisol) however sure preserve a depend on calories (235 for 1.four ounces).So go and get them involved in your wholesome consuming recipes, cook dinner wholesome food recipes and profit from these well being meals recipes.
A classic side dish loved by EVERYONE. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber. This is an easy, quick, buttermilk cornbread recipe that's ready in minutes.
You can cook Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread
- It's 2 c all purpose flour.
- You need 2 c corn meal.
- Prepare 2 tbsp baking powder.
- You need 1 heep tsp salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp cumin.
- It's 1 tsp chili powder.
- Prepare 6 tbsp sugar.
- It's 10 tbsp cold, salted butter.
- You need 2 eggs.
- It's 1 c milk.
- It's 1 c buttermilk.
Slightly sweetened and moist, this cornbread is the perfect side dish. If you like a more savory cornbread, you can leave out the granulated sugar and then cut back any additional brown sugar to suit your taste. This easy cornbread recipe is made with sugar and cinnamon, so it is a dessert-like version of the classic recipe. Because it is baked in a cast iron skillet this tasty buttermilk cornbread is crunchy on top and soft in the middle.
Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread step by step
- Butter cast iron skillet, place in oven and preheat at 400°.
- Mix all dry ingredients together well. Cut cold butter into small cubes, use your hands to incorporate butter into mixture very well. I find starting with my knuckles gets it going, then I mash it with my finger tips. It should hold together when you make a fist with it..
- Make a well in center, add 2 slightly beaten eggs and both milks..
- Use a baking spatula and fold batter over itself until all is blended..
- Carefully take cast iron out of your preheated oven and add mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden and tooth pick comes out clean..
Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread - Make this amazing spiced recipe for cornbread today! Made with all cornmeal, straight buttermilk, and no added sugar (like it should be!) in a cast iron skillet, this cornbread is an easy dinner side dish. This classic, savory Southern cornbread is just begging for a bowl of chili or a plate of ribs. Made with all cornmeal, straight buttermilk, and no added sugar.. Buttermilk Cornbread The best buttermilk cornbread recipe ever Combine dry ingredients. Read Also Recipes