Oven Fish ' n ' Chips recipes - All of your favorite restaurants have their own top secret recipes on the menu which you'll usually buy and revel in. oven fish ' n ' chips A few of these may even become your favourite dishes. What in case you may make these dishes in the consolation of your own dwelling for less than a small fraction of the restaurant value?
Fish and chips are traditionally sold wrapped in paper to soak up all the grease--not a good sign. To cut the calories in half and reduce the fat, we coat the delicate fish in a crispy cornflake crust and then bake it along with sliced potatoes. You'll need two rimmed baking sheets lined with foil; coat with nonstick spray.
You can cook Oven Fish ' n ' Chips using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Fish ' n ' Chips
- It's 2 tbsp olive oil.
- It's 1/4 tsp pepper.
- You need 4 medium potatoes - peeled (1 pound).
- Prepare 1/3 cup all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Prepare 2 eggs- beaten.
- Prepare 2/3 cup crushed cornflakes.
- You need 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
- You need tsp 1/8 cayenne pepper.
- It's 1 lb frozen haddock fillets- thawed.
- You need 1 tartar sause ( optional ).
- Prepare 2 tbsp water.
Sauce: Stir ingredients in small bowl, cover and refrigerate. Fish 'n' Chips: Place potatoes on a baking sheet, coat with nonstick spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss. Pat chips dry on kitchen paper, then lay in a single layer on a large baking tray. Oven-baked crumb-coated fish 'n' chips are ideal when you're looking for a healthier option.
Oven Fish ' n ' Chips step by step
- Preheat oven to 425° ..
- In a large bowl, combine oil - pepper. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2" strips.Add oil mixture , toss to coat. Place on 15"x10"x1" baking pan.Bake 15 minutes before you put in your fish.Spray your pan first. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown..
- Meanwhile, combine flour - pepper in a shallow dish. In a second dish. Beat eggs and water. In a third dish combine cornflakes, cheese and cayenne. Dredge fish in flour, then dip in egg mixture - roll in crumb mixture..
- Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with spray. ( I used non-stick foil) ..
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until fish starts to flake..
Oven Fish ' n ' Chips - Place the fish on a piece of baking parchment on a separate baking sheet. A fresh, healthy take on a local favourite. Nothing beats a crispy piece of fish and some delicious chips. Try our easy to follow crumbed fish & oven baked chips recipe. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with chips, tartare sauce and lemon wedges. Read Also Recipes