You can make Let's Make Delicious Sushi Rice use 5 ingredients and 9 step. Here’s how to cook }.
Ingredients make Let's Make Delicious Sushi Rice
- You Need Uncooked white rice (3 rice cooker cups = 540 ml).
- You Need Salt (natural salt).
- You Need Vinegar.
- You Need Sugar.
- You Need to 10 cm square piece Kombu for dashi stock.
how to make Let's Make Delicious Sushi Rice
- [I made 5 rice cooker cups worth this time] Pour in a little less water than usual to cook the rice. Add the kombu and leave the rice to soak for at least 30 minutes..
- Add the salt to the rice cooker and mix lightly. Use the "sushi rice" setting (or if your rice cooker doesn't have one, just use the regular setting) to cook the rice..
- Mix the vinegar and sugar together. ※Microwave just before adding it to the rice to about 40-50°C, and mix well to dissolve the sugar..
- When the rice is cooked, take out the kombu and invert the rice cooker bowl to take out the rice into a plastic container or bowl. Swirl in the warm sushi vinegar from Step 3, and quickly mix it into the rice in a cutting motion..
- Cover the container or bowl with a lid and leave for 7 minutes to steam and let the rice absorb the flavors. If the bowl doesn't have a lid, use a pot lid or a cutting board to cover..
- Remove the lid, and mix the rice using a cut-and-fold motion while fanning it to cool it down. (This will make the rice glossy)..
- If you are making chirashi sushi, mix the ingredients in while the rice is still warm. If you're making sushi rolls, let the rice cool down to about body temperature first..
- I made Western style chirashi sushi this time: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/188384-western-style-chirashi-sushi-a-popular-school-lunch-item. The additional ingredients are easy so you can make this sushi anytime you like..
- This is the big plastic container my mother uses, that has seen many years of service. I borrowed it from her this time I made 5 rice cooker cups' worth of rice this time. Normally I make less, so I just use a regular bowl to mix the rice..