Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes recipes - In this busy world of ours many people find themselves working more hours than they would like to. coconut milk chicken with sweet potatoes Add the daily commute and the odd after work drink onto the every day schedule and you'll see why prepared meals have develop into highly regarded.After a very busy day at the office it's so much simpler to place a ready made meal into the microwave or oven than put together it is to organize a meal using recent elements. All that chopping, peeling and what have you, it just doesn't seem worth it - all you wish to do is kick back, watch TV and unwind.
Stir in coconut milk and sweet potatoes. Arrange chicken pieces on top of potatoes, placing breast meat on top. Pour in enough water to come halfway up the Transfer chicken and sweet potatoes to a platter.
You can have Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- It's 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
- Prepare 1 tsp ground turmeric.
- It's 2 tsp ground ginger.
- You need 3 tbs sesame oil.
- It's 2 medium shallots, chopped.
- It's 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated.
- You need 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for serving.
- Prepare 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (thicker is better).
- It's 2 cups low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups canned coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tbs fish sauce.
- You need 2 cups fresh baby spinach.
- It's juice of 2 limes.
- Prepare To taste kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 cups cooked rice, for serving.
- You need naan, for serving - we warm the pre-packaged ones in the oven (optional).
Return Dutch oven to the stove and simmer over medium-high heat until cooking liquid has. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry is made with coconut milk, chicken breasts, an easy curry powder seasoning blend and sweet potatoes. This Crock-Pot Indian curry is healthy, dairy-free, and gluten-free. It makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner when served with rice.
Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes instructions
- Toss the chicken with the turmeric, ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat..
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes..
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and cilantro, cook 3 minutes, then toss in the sweet potato..
- Season to taste with salt..
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 1 cup broth, the coconut milk, and fish sauce. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick, add additional broth. Stir in the spinach and lime juice..
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy with naan..
Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes - Sweet potatoes are not a common ingredient in Asian food, but they are a vegetable I have grown to love, both for the flavor and their nutritional value. Simmer the soup for about half an hour, until the chicken and sweet potatoes are close to tender. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, and coconut milk. Okinawa Sweet Potatoes (Hawaiian Purple Potatoes With Coconut Milk)The Spruce Eats. Thai Roasted Chicken with Coconut Milk and Basil Mashed Sweet PotatoesZestuous. Read Also Recipes