Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice recipes - This is an comprehensible method to eating an evening filipino chicken adobo with white rice, especially if you dwell alone or together with your partner. I suppose most individuals steadiness their eating habits between ready meals and cooking kind scratch, however what when you begin to eat too many prepared meals? Is that going to be beneficial on your long run health?The main causes people are inclined to eat ready meals is to save money and to save time, but what if those things could be achieved and, in case you are a non cook, you may study a new skill on the time similar? Would that make you're feeling more like making ready your individual meals?
You can have Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice
- You need Chicken and marinade.
- Prepare 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves.
- It's 1/3 cup soy sauce.
- It's 1/3 cup + 2 tbs white vinegar.
- It's 4 bay leaves.
- You need For cooking.
- It's 2 tbs. Canola oil.
- It's 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- It's 1 small onion diced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups water.
- Prepare 2 tbs. brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbs. whole black pepper.
- It's Toppings.
- You need 2 green onions, sliced.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice instructions
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through..
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside..
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes..
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes..
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup..
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself - it will thicken much quicker - then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze..
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice..
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice - Read Also Recipes