Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipes - chicken adobo tortilla soup also has saturated fats together with dietary ldl cholesterol and is avoided by folks caring about hearts. The reality is that lean reduce beef is low-fat and supplies protein as well as iron (supplies oxygen from lungs to body cells). Many women are discovered poor in it. Select steaks that have deep purple coloration with less marbling
You can garnish with many ingredients to suit your needs and make this a meal. Chicken tortilla soup will forever and always be one of my favorites. Who can resist those fresh, well spiced Mexican flavors in a cozy bowl of soup?
You can have Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1/2 small sweet onion- diced small.
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic- chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- It's 1/2 green bell pepper-dice small.
- It's 1 cup tomatoes-diced in juice.
- It's 2 tablespoons Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- It's 4 cups chicken stock.
- It's 1/4 cup tomato paste.
- Prepare 3-8 inch flour tortillas - cut into thin strips.
- It's 2 ears grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Prepare 12 ounces cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar(to taste after that).
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (to taste).
- You need 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
This quick version includes so much texture and flavor variations but it truly just comes together so perfectly. This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up. We load ours up with more protein by adding black beans, vegetables (corn! bell peppers! onion!) and flavor with canned fire-roasted tomatoes, which we love for their smokiness. This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup instructions
- Add to 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup - No-fuss here, just saute the chicken and simmer everything in a big pot. The authentic taste of this smokey tomato-based soup shines through with each spoonful. Here's an authentic Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe that relies on just a few key ingredients to create some real flavor! A great soup to have in your kitchen. You could always use half of a chipotle if you want an even milder version. (More info on working with chipotles in adobo here.) Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more. Read Also Recipes