Pork Adobo recipes - Whether you browse pork adobo recipes, buy an e-book, a hardback guide, or an internet subscription to a recipe website, you will find that there are a lot of assets on the internet which will assist you to learn high secret recipes as we speak. One of the best ways to seek out online cooking guides on the internet is to make use of overview sites, they may help you decide on which product you wish to purchase while at the similar time offering you with detailed reviews.
You can have Pork Adobo using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Adobo
- You need 1-1/2 kilos Pork Country Style (cut accordingly).
- You need 1 liter Chicken Broth.
- It's 1/2-3/4 cups balsamic vinegar.
- It's 1 tsp to "1 and a half tsp" Crush black pepper.
- You need 2-3 tbsp brown sugar.
- It's 1 head garlic crushed.
- You need 3-4 onions medium to big size.
- You need 2-3 bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp oregano.
- Prepare 1 large green or red pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp patis or to taste.
- Prepare Ingredients according to how much meat, 1 or 1 and a half kilo.
- It's 2 tbspToyo (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp Oyster sauce (optional).
- You need Toyo and oyster sauce optional esp when using balsamic vinegar.
- It's Banana blossoms (washed and soak in 1 cup water), =optional=.
- Prepare LIVER SPREAD can also be added during the simmering.
Pork Adobo step by step
- Sautee pork without oil. Let the pork extract its own oil. Don't overdo to the point that it hardens the meat. Achieve a light golden brown color..
- Set aside meat. Sautee garlic and "half of onions". Mix well until combined..
- Put pepper, oregano, bay leaf and balsamic vinegar. And if desired toyo OR oyster sauce. Mix for 2 mins..
- Pour chicken stock..
- Let it simmer for an hour, but check every 15 to 20 mins on the water level. Make sure to reduce water only to a level that there is still enough for sauce..
- Check for meat tenderness. Fats should be jelly-like texture..
- If not yet tender add at least 1/4 cup water, if dried already and continue simmering until tender..
- Add the banana blossoms if desired. It has to be pre-soaked..
- Add green bell pepper. Can also be added half way during the simmering to give different sweet taste to the dish..
- Add water if required. At least 1/4 cup only. And taste if there's a need to add balsamic vinegar..
- After water is reduced, if there's not enough oil. Add olive or canola oil to pan fry the adobo. (twice cook effect to render more fat and make the meat absorb more flavor).
- Add brown sugar half way during the pan fry. Beware not to burn. Don't leave the pan unattended, continue mixing..
- Season with patis. Continue to pan fry until done..
- Ready to serve. Reheat before serving so it won't be greasy..
Pork Adobo - Read Also Recipes